Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trumpster Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Can I use braided stainless hose as a supply to my well pressure tank's brass tee?
    Replacing an old standard style 30 gallon well pressure tank with a Flotec 36 gallon bladder tank (82gal. equiv.) Because of the location of the pipe fitting coming out of the concrete floor not matching up with the new tank fitting, it seems it would be easier to use a flexible braided stainless hose. Is this okay to do?

Check out some similar questions!

1/2" flexible supply hose won't attach to 1/2" OLD brass sink fitting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to install shutoff valves below an old sink (house built 1926 in Buffalo, NY). The old water supply had a 3/8" FIP connection on the bottom and what looked to be a 1/2" compression connection on the top. A local plumbing store that specializes in old plumbing also thought that a...

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

Closet flange bolts - brass or stainless steel or other [ 1 Answers ]

For a cast iron closet/toilet flange, should the Johnny bolts used to attach the toilet to the flange be made of brass or stainless steel or other? If brass, will it eventually corrode the cast iron closet/toilet flange?

Stainless vs. Rubber Washer Hose [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new front load washer and dryer set and it is being delivered on Tuesday. I currently have rubber hoses from the cold and hot water supply. My question is what are the differences/advantages to using stainless vs. rubber? Is it worth it for me to go buy a set or should I just...

Braided PVC tubing and brass insert fittings [ 5 Answers ]

In the process of replacing a pressure tank on a well water system I have to make up some new connections using 1" ID and 3/4" ID braided PVC tubing and brass insert fittings with pipe clamps. What is the best way to get the inserts into the tubing? Would the heat from a hair dryer be helpful? ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.