Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asweat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Can an allergy test patch trigger a positive EtG?
    My husband had a positive EtG test. He does not drink and it was a random DOT test. He was on an allergy test patch for 3 days when he took this test. Could any of the items they are testing for cause an elevated EtG?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 18, 2013, 09:35 AM
    Hi Asweat,

Some medications can trigger a positive EtG. Things like mouthwashes, cough syrups, even vanilla extract.

Still, the level should have been very low, less than say 500 ng/ml.

Check with the doctor administering the tests.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can non-alcoholic beer make you test positive on an ETG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I had 1 non-alcoholic beer 96 hours before and 1 non-alcoholic beer 72 hours before an ETG alcohol test. I weigh 122lbs and am 5 ft 3 in good health. I was applying for a new job and wasn't aware that you had to pass an ETG test. I know there isn't much alcohol in these but heard it can be...

Will 3 beers make me test positive for an EtG test? [ 11 Answers ]

DrBill100, I had 3 beers: 2 tall Oberons (5.80% each), and one pint of Trippel (10%). I drank them two nights ago from 5:30 to 8/8:30 PM with a rather large meal. I have to test today anytime from 4-7 PM. If I test at 5 PM, will I be in the clear? Also, I ran/jogged about 4 miles today when I...

EtG abnormal positive test [ 2 Answers ]

I received a copy of my EtG test that read as a positive abnormal with a cutoff of 500 ng/mL. after reading up on the test, I'm still not sure what that means exactly. I'm being summoned to court for violating my probation and I'd like to know what this test means before I go in.

If I drink this upcoming Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test on Monday? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really leaning towards just not drinking (which sucks considering it's the holidays), but I'm curious as to if I were to be randomly tested on Monday, and I drank on Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test? I don't want to violate my probation but I was told I would fail if I drank at all,...

View more questions Search