Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kwidal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Not sleeping well
    I'm 18yrs old, just graduated from high school. I noticed there was something wrong with me during my last year of high school, so I started seeing a counselor/therapist. We've been talking for a while, and after 2or3 months, he told me that I have dysthymia. I started seeing my counselor in October, and started medication in February or March. I'm still on the meds, and I am doing much better than before. The problem is, I don't think I'm sleeping well. I can't fall asleep that easily at night, and I always wake up around 6in the morning every day, but I fall asleep after that because I am so tired. When I wake up around 10 or 11 I still feel really tired. I'm not in the U.S. right now so I'm not seeing a therapist or anything so I haven't been able to discuss it with anyone really. I'm just wondering why this could be. Could it be from stress? Anxiety? I am feeling stressed lately due to some issues with people but.. I just donno. Does anyone know what I can do to really be able to rest? Thanks.
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Hi Kwidal,

I think you probably have a LOT on your young mind at this moment.. You don't mention why you are out of CONUS so there is no telling about some of the stress you are going through. But just having completed High School says that you are worried about the future and that can weigh a lot on a young mind. So if you put out more info, then you may get more help in some responses. --- Ace
    Kwidal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Well.. I think my stress is mostly coming from my boyfriend... he's in the U.S. and he doesn't contact me at all unless I contact him. If you read my other post I think you would get the idea (you don't really have to). Maybe not doing anything during the day is the problem.. I don't do much during the day so maybe I need to excersise and stuff to tire myself out..
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Long distant relationships are really hard to keep together. But if all is going great between you both then it should work out.
    JanetB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Stress and anxiety can greatly affect sleep. You mentioned that you are on a med now. Medications also can cause sleep problems. Here are several tips on how to improve sleep

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Sleeping Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I am not sure if this is a Medical Condition or not... and I know it's not a disease... but does anyone have any explanation for why I swing my arm as when I sleep? I'll give a brief example... When I fall asleep and I'm actually sleeping... My body will act on it's own and my arm will...

Sleeping through the night [ 1 Answers ]

My one year old german shorthaired pointer won't sleep through the night. He would scratch on his kennel door and want out. I moved his kennel out of our room and set up a bed on the floor next to ours about 3 weeks ago. He still wakes up at 4:00 to 5:00 every morning and sometimes in the...

Name of sleeping disorder [ 1 Answers ]

There is a name to a sleeping disorder that is inherited through the maternal line. Passing from mother to daughter. The sleep cyle is from 7pm to 2 am. It was featured approx. 12 years ago on TV. It showed this particular family living normal lives. I am trying to find the name to this...

Sleeping through the night? [ 2 Answers ]

Duncan is doing very well- almost 14 weeks and getting bigger by the second. The question is, he doesn't always sleep through the night. He was getting up in the middle of the night every night at first, now it's more like every other night or 3-4 times per week. We are just wondering when it is...

View more questions Search