Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hammersmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Black striped fly eating tree leaves
    [F]I have black vertical striped fly like bugs eating the leaves of my tree. They leave half circle holes along the edges. They don't bite and if you shoo them away they come right back. They are about the size of a house fly but the bodies are longer and more slender.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 03:30 PM
    What part of the world are you located in, Hammersmom?

Do they look like any of these?

Image Search Results
    hammersmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 09:40 AM
    They look like the sawflies on the bottom of the page of pictures. I live in Imperial, CA. It is 120 miles east of San Diego, 45 miles west of Yuma, AZ and 20 miles north of Mexicali, Mx. It is low hot, hot, desert.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maple tree.small leaves [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Nova Scotia, where the lay of the land is mainly clay. I have a red maple, actually 2 of them, one has nice full leaves and the other has leaves half the size. Both are planted in my backyard and get plenty of sun. I was wondering if it might be just trying to root itself better,...

Striped Black Wire in Home (cooktop connection) [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone: Got at new electric cooktop with the standard red, black, white and green wires coming out of it. . Home wire: Bare (ground), pure black, black with red stripe, black with red and white stripes. The pure black and the black with red stripe have 110v when tested. If these...

Solid Black Jacket with Pin Striped Pants? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it all right to wear a solid black suit jacket with black pants that have pin stripes?

Black Striped Tree Worm [ 9 Answers ]

A flowering crab tree in my yard has been infested with some kind of worm or caterpillar that is black with two light stripes running its length. The worms are emerging from a large silky cocoon-like nest that has been weaved at the base of an upper branch. Can anyone suggest what kind of insect...

View more questions Search