Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aj_molina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
    I was caught stealing 500 dollars worth of merchandise
    I paid it all back already I still have to go to court and this is my first offense what should I expect?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2011, 01:43 PM

If you was given a court date... YEAH... you got to go.

WHat you get depends on a lot of things... where this happened... how you behaved from the moment you were caught... etc... up to and including the mood of the judge that day.
    aj_molina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 04:21 PM
    This happened on a store macy's and once caught I admit it all no use in lying? I mean just nice and returned as much as possible. So really I won't know nothing till I go?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2011, 06:13 PM

Yes, you won't know nothing till you go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 07:36 PM

Well first this is law, not church.

Not making any comment, not admiting guilt is not lying, it is protecting your rights,

Even being caught with goods in your hands, does not mean they will get a conviction, there is a lot to proving the elements of a crime, witness may not show up and more.

So even the most guilty person can and perhaps should plead not guilty and never give the police a confession.

But a large fine and probation is my guess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got caught stealing: I'm 18 [ 6 Answers ]

I got caught stealing yesterday and I am 18. I stole 270 worth of clothing from Von Maur and they told me they would not put me in jail. They gave me a misdeamenor and this is my first offense. I am very scared about the consequences of the outcome of the court and need some advice on how to...

The last week of June and she gave me 500 dollars deposit [ 1 Answers ]

She was supposes to come back in 3 days with the rest of deposit and sign the lease. She never passed by and returned my calls. After a WEEK. She stop over to tell me that Her brother did not like the area, after July... so I told her she lost her deposit. Now she is taking me to small...

Caught stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I did the same mistake as you. I ate a couple of chocolate bars in zellers and the police gave me a ticket for 65 dollars, but he said that it will not stick on my record. However, I don't know as to how much I am going to pay zellers- 100? Or more? Any ideas?

My friend got caught changing price at dillards $500 worth of clothing. [ 10 Answers ]

My friend got caught changing prices on some very expensive dress, it was about $500 worth of clothing. She was changing them in the dressing room. This is her 3rd time caught changing prices... but at different stores. Other 2 were at walmart, this time it was dillards. What should she...

Theft in Louisiana over 500.00 dollars [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave a relative who what arrested and placed in a holding cell for stealing from his employer. He is going to trial soon. WHat shoud he expect? Jail time or fine and community service. This was his first offense.

View more questions Search