Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzanna2019 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 07:12 PM
    Medical Insurance Dispute
    Delta Airlines just cancelled my families Medical/Dental Insurance. My husband passed away February 12, 2010. He had worked for the Airlines for 40 years. He started working for Southern Airways. Southern was bought by Republic Airlines. Republic was bought by Northwest Airlines and then Northwest was bought by Delta. He weathered all these mergers. At the time of his death he was with Delta Airlines. The Delta Northwest merger had been done but there were still Labor Relation issues. Northwest ESE or Ramp employees were still Union, IAM, Delta was not. My husband had a heart attack on his way home from working a day of overtime. I was never told what my benefits were. I had to research and ask a lot of questions. The merger seemed to make everything confusing. I was first told I would have Cobra Insurance then I asked someone else and they said I would have the same Insurance I presently had. I was told this month that that coverage was only good for 36 months so as of February 12, 2013 my family no longer has medical Insurance. No other options just boom no insurance, tough. I do not know what benefit package I should have been under. I also do not believe Delta does either. How can I find out what Delta’s and IAM’s benefits were at the time of my husband’s death? How can I get Delta to do the right thing and at least offer me Cobra?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2013, 11:51 AM
    The only suggestion I can offer is possibly contacting the state insurance regulators.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dispute form for medical bill letter [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has Medicare and Medicaid. She had blood test on 12/2010. Her blood tests were ordinary test; just CBC, cholesterol and this is the only time she had one in 2010. They sent the bill in 9/2011. And I called them and explained them that she had medicare and medicaid. They said it is OK and...

Dispute medical bill [ 2 Answers ]

A month ago I was suffering from severe pain that started in my back and radiated to my lower abdomen. It was so severe I went to our local ER. By the time I got there (1/2hour drive), and waited to be seen by the ER doctor (ER was busy), the pain had mostly subsided. I explained the symptoms. ...

How do I dispute a property insurance claim? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an above average fire at my home. The adjuster from my insurance company provided an estimate that does not address all the items damaged. The adjuster also wants to repair some items that all contractors say needs to be replaced. I just want my house back the way that it was. I feel like...

Medical Bill Dispute [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the emergency room in great pain and told every person I met what I needed. I had had a tummy tuck in Costa Rico and my tummy was so full of fluid I could barely walk. My tummy needed to be drained. When I finally saw the doctor, she said," We don't do that." She gave me a referral to an...

View more questions Search