Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cedarstreet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Mears thermostat
    We have mears thermostats controlling ceiling heat - of the 11 in the house some work marginally- the mears number on the thermostats is M22-DP - 22amp/double pole -
    Is there a programmable replacement for the mears antiques? If so a purchase site?
    Thanks
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Feb 24, 2009, 04:43 PM

Honeywell makes a line voltage programmable thermostat. (Sorry, bad link.) Look up Honeywell and check for the LineVoltPRO 8000. The programming options are not the most flexible, but it's better than none. Electric heat definitely benefits from a setback. I've been using one in a bathroom for a 2 years now and I like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mears Thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I just replaced a MEARS thermostat for my electric baseboard heat that would only operate in the full on or full off position. In other words "all or nothing". I put in a new MEARS M 612 and wired it the same way the old thermostat was wired. This also agreed with the schematic that came with...

Mears Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mears M600S Line Voltage Electric Heat thermostat. It has two individual circuits in it. One circuit for each side of the room. I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding a replacement. Does anyone know where I might find one or an equivalent that has two separate circuits each...

M7 Mears thermostat covers [ 2 Answers ]

I am renovating and need a couple M7 thermostat covers for the baseboard heating. Where can I locate them?

Mears Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am a property manager for an older apartment complex. I am desperately searching for some MEARS thermostat knobs. I do not have a model number. The thermostat is an off white color. I need to know how I go about ordering extra knobs, as many of the apartments are without. If someone...

View more questions Search