Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QueenOfDenial2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 12:45 PM
    I think Im in love with my husbands friend
    I have only know this guy for a little over two years. I'm married with 4 kids, he is engaged and has 1 child. He isn't that good looking, in fact I don't even know why I am so drawn to him. I'm not even sure if he's into me. He will act like he is one minute and then completely avoid me the next. What should I do and why am I feeling this way? I am even dreaming about this guy at night.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2011, 12:48 PM

You do nothing. You are married. He is engaged.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2011, 06:15 PM

Are you happy in your marriage? As Wondergirl said, you do nothing. Avoid him as much as possible, focus on your husband and reconnecting with him if you feel you have become overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being a wife and mother.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 2, 2011, 03:41 PM

Hi Queenofdenial2:

I don't know if this will help, but I think most people in your situation forget to stop and think of exactly how stuff like this will affect the 4 (or more) children for the rest of their lives... ;)

Divorce equals new partners for you and your husband, right? Tough on the children getting split between 2 new families.

You would get the kids most of the time, I'd bet, but you would definitely miss out on some experiences you don't want to miss out on.

I could go on with a really long list as I have seen this happen with quite a few marriages over the years. Suffice it to say that most of the new relationships failed miserably as they were based on attraction/loneliness, that kind of stuff and the families really did suffer as a result!

As Doula said, if possible, find a way to reconnect with your husband and see if you can find a way to make things exciting again. In this way you and your husband will get to raise your children together as you planned from the start!

Best wishes to you...

Mark
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2011, 04:53 PM

How about controlling your feelings with the dignity and respect of a married woman.

Its okay to have feelings and even to fantasize about others.

Its not okay to act on those feelings in inappropriate ways. If you have trouble staying within the boundaries of good behavior, ask your husband to help you.

That's what he is for. To keep you honest!!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

May 7, 2011, 05:18 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again.

I agree with Tal.

Going your entire life without ever thinking of another person is rather impossible. It's what you do from here that defines you as a wife, mother, woman, human being. Take this time to reconnect with your husband (who at one time stole your heart) and your children (regardless of age).

If you truly are unhappy in your marriage there are ways to go about separating but on the basis of a new attraction, I definitely advise against it. As many had said, any new relationship is usually based solely off lust and the feeling of being new and fresh. That will wear off... then you're stuck alone, with a resentful husband and broken-family kids.
    jackeve Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2011, 02:22 AM
    Focus on your marriage and stop thinking about this guy. One thing I want you to know is he doesn't love you. Your husband and children love you so much. Think about your husband and you will dream about him. You think about this guy that is why you dream about him, stop thinking about him. This man doesn't love you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How am I falling in love with husbands best friend [ 12 Answers ]

I met my husband 9 years ago. We dated and started having feeling for each other. We had both just come from bad relationships. Then my ex showed up and I went back with him. A year later My husband and I saw each other on the court house steps. We exchanged addresses and #’s and kissed a very...

I am in love with my Husbands best friend. What do I do. [ 52 Answers ]

I am a 25 year old female. I don't have kids. I have been happily married for 6 years as of this year. My husband has a best friend that just recently moved away. Now in the beginning me and my husbands best friend didn't get along. He wanted to spend time with my husband all the time and I...

I think I am in love with my husbands Best Friend, what do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, Well me and my husband have been together for over 3 years and we have a beautiful daughter together. Although our relationship is pretty good we have our downs! And when I say downs I mean horible like un bearable! Our relationship has slowly gone down hill due to his violence and anger! He...

In love with husbands best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I have myself in a very difficult situation & I am trying to figure out what to do. I am really looking for some honest insight & advice here. I started my relationship with my now husband 7 years ago via the internet. The 1st day we met in person was the day he moved to Michigan from Florida to...

I think I'm in Love with my husbands friend [ 3 Answers ]

Yes, I know it sounds horrible but its true. Here is my story. When I first met my husband he was alone, but the second time I can recall meeting him, he was with his friend. Then we weren't serious and even then his friend caught my eye but I really liked my now husband but then date so I...

View more questions Search