Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmenxita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Co-signing problem!
    About 2 years ago I co-sign for my boyfriend at the time to get a loan for a motorcycle. Now, I am trying to get a mortgage loan and came to find out he hasn't made the payments for a while and the account was closed by the credit grantor. I spoke to him and she claims that he missed a payment and they raised his APR from 4% to 22% increasing his monthly payments and he tried to contact them so they can lower the APR but they refuse to do that and he refuses to pay with such high interest. The creditor has not contacted me yet but I would like to know if there is something I can do to take this off my report and clear my name.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Dec 29, 2006, 02:30 PM
    You should contact a Credit Services Organization that is registered and bonded with the State Attorney General's office in your state. If you are working with a mortgage broker he or she should have a list of such organizations. Hope this helps.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Hello, you can pay the loan off, And if he was late, yes they can legally raise the interest rate, Next no they don't and will not notify you, often until it goes to a judgement and they decide to garnish your wages.

You are just as liable as he is to pay this, so if it is late, it is late on your credit report also.

***One reason never to co-sign for anyone. So unless you pay it off for him, unless you make the payments, it is only going to get worst, as he don't pay, as they decide to repo and then sue for the balance, all of this will show up on your report, just like his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Co-signing [ 7 Answers ]

A friend aked if I would Co-sign for him on a six hundred thousand dollar home because his credit score is below seven hundred. If I did this, what would my legal obligations be. Can I go back a revoke at any time.

Co-signing for an apartment [ 1 Answers ]

What should a landlord ask for if a tenant wants to use a cosigner to rent the apartment? What information should the landlord ask for or need before he/she can approve the candidate?

Contract signing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Can some one give me some advice on contract signing. If you have signed a contract, what can exempt you from signing is mental health one.:confused:

Co signing on a loan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure to do about this one so seeking some advice. My brother called me and asked if I would co sign on a loan for his girlfriend, who is buying a new horse. It is about $9,500. They have been going out for about a year now and have had some problems, but she is really nice, though I...

View more questions Search