Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Woffj2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 03:15 PM
    Frost on freezer
    I have a 3 yr old side by side G E .
    Frost is building up on the hole where the ice comes out and on the inside on the ice container. The cubes are doing out shaved and look like chips
    I tried emptying the ice tray and starting again. Didn't work
    I tried cleaning the grinder. Didn't work
    I tried lowering the temp. Didn't work

Help.
    Model GSL25JFTFBS
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Sounds like the door is not snapping shut after the ice comes out. This will allow room air into the freezer ice maker and moist air will frost it over. What's this mean " cubes are doing out shaved "
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
    You have an air leak. This is a common problem with some GE refrigerators. I think the ice door needs to be redesigned. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite frost-free side by side, with ice maker, freezer building up frost [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Elite frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 2 years old but for the past 2 year+ we've been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside, and then the refrigerator doesn't get cold. I have to unplug everything, take the shelves out of...

Maytag refrigerator freezer frost [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag side-by-side Model MZD2766GEW has a problem with frost buildup on the bottom of the freezer side. The frost continues to build up until the refrigerator no longer cools. At this point, we usually manually defrost the unit, and the cycle starts again. Any ideas what could be wrong? ...

Frost in Freezer [ 1 Answers ]

GE Refrigerator Model GSS201epc THere is frost in the freezer compartment in the back. The Freezer and food compartment willnot get cold. IT has stopped making ice.

Frost Free Freezer [ 1 Answers ]

My frost free freezer is always freezing up. Please help me to fine out why. Thank you Barb

View more questions Search