Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QUAIL RIDGE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Janitorial recommendation for start-up, home-based business
    I have been asked to submit a bud "quote" on a commercial building project. The total sq ft is 4,900 sq ft. if we multiply that by 27 cents psf is that supposed to include: (1) salaries, (2) supplies, (3) profit.

We have determined that we would probably need 3 people, 3 hrs per night, $8/hr. This will be mainly for "common area" clearning [4 bathrooms, foyer, carpeted hallways, 2 kitchens, 2 conference rooms, 3 stairwells w/approx 22 stp @; 4 occupied offices, 3 unoccupied offices and 2 large unoccupied large areas (which may be occupied at a later date). This service will be in conjunction w/another tenants own cleaning service. This will also be in the Spartanburg/Greenville area/market.

What is your recommendation for a website with "FREE" bid sample information.

What are your thoughts?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 01:49 AM

Good morning QUAIL RIDGE,

You will also have Administrative costs; insurance, equipment, supplies, etc.

Questions;

Is the carpet cleaning and the hard floor care beyond the normal vacuuming and mopping a part of the base price or is it an extra?

The area that is presently empty, can you adjust your price when it is occupied?

You stated that your company is a new start up, however you have listed some information that indicates that you have some experience? If so, please tell me more about the experience that you have already; how long in this business? What capacity of experience do you have?

Please answer the questions as it will help in giving any advice.

There are numerous threads on this site that deal precisely with janitorial service companies that you can research and receive valuable insight.

I will pm Clough, a valuable member here that can give you a "college" education in advertising your company at no or very low cost.

I noticed that you listed your company as "home based." If you have not already I would recommend that you incorporate your company as a safeguard for your own protection. It does not cost a lot and does not take a lot of time.

EDIT: 11/18/08; Scratch the "supplies from my list of "Admin." Although insurance, some advertising, taxes, etc are all costs that need to be accommodated....
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 03:42 AM

Hi, QUAIL RIDGE!

Stringer is a true pro in the commercial cleaning biz so his words as good as gold! I do thank him for alerting me to your post!

I would have the same questions as Stringer had for you regarding the amount of experience that you have.

Here's a couple of questions from me too:

What have you stated to potential customers when you've marketed your business? Also, what kind of advertising have you already done, please?

Thanks!
    QUAIL RIDGE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Start-up [home-based] commercial janitorial service/bidding
    My previous question wasn't exactly answered. :( The actual question was.. . :confused:
    Is the rate per sq ft to cover salaries, supplies and profit?

If it's not iinclusive, how much of a [general] mark-up should be added to cover these items? Specifically profit and salaries.

ALSO, what is the general/average annual bid for the Spartanburg/Greenville, South Carolina area. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 07:18 AM

Hi, QUAIL RIDGE!

I've merged your two threads together here to avoid having any confusion. Please do answer the questions that have been asked of you, particularly, by Springer.

It would now be best to be keeping questions and answers about what you're asking on this thread, if you would please.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a home-based business [ 2 Answers ]

How do you start your home-based business what's the first step in starting your own business

How to start a home based cookie dough business? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information to start a cookie dough business to supply to local businesses.

Home based business [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for the best idea with minimum capital??

How do I start a home based business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how to start a home based business in orange county California. I am trying to start a new business in indoor plant maintenace but I don't know where to begin.::confused:

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search