Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoned6670 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 02:16 PM
    Shoplifted at walmart
    Okay, I shoplifted at walmart(I know I'm dumb) I took around $4 but it came up to be $50, and I got caught they brought me into a room, and they would ask me questions like my personal information and things, I was only 13 and they did call the police, but did not fine me and they said it was a WARNING and if I ever did it again I would be in major trouble and this is the first time I ever stole anything, so they made me sign this thing that I wasn't aloud into a Walmart for 1 year, and I'm very worried because the police came and got all the information and stuff and said he sent the information or whatever, will I get a criminal record, and will this put a dent into my permanent record, because I know how hard it's going to get a job with this in the way! so please do you think I will get a criminal record and will this be on my permanent record, and will my future bosses be able to get hold onto this information? Btw, I was charged for theft.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Apr 6, 2010, 02:35 PM

If you were only 13 you are safe! I should be exsponged from your record when you're 18. And you can check on that. You never talked to the police at all. How do they know if it was really you. Spmeone could have used your name. Something dosen't make sense. I think they were just trying to scare you straight. Looks like they did and keep up the good work. No more stealing.
    People do give other peoples names and sometimes they get away with it. But that's not a good idea either. I really do think you are safe. No more messing around though. Good luck!
    Xan-Kriegor Posts: 158, Reputation: -2

Apr 7, 2010, 06:20 AM

I'm 14 and I have a papertrail . I know it's hard to explain it . And I have shoplifted, broken somebodys arm and nose , getting in a fight.. . yeah it suck to be like me , so don't turn like me .
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    if you were only 13 you are safe! I should be exsponged from your record when you're 18. and you can check on that. You never talked to the police at all. How do they know if it was really you. spmeone could of used your name. something dosen't make sence. I think they were just trying to scare you straight. Looks like they did and keep up the good work. no more stealing.
    People do give other peoples names and sometimes they get away with it. But thats not a good idea either. I really do think you are safe. No more messing around though. Good luck!!

Where did you get the info about expungement? Please post your source.

We take pride in our answers on the legal boards and I believe you are incorrect.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 06:37 AM

You say you were charged with theft. Were the Police involved and were charges filed or were you told to stay out of all Walmart stores for a year and there was no Police involvement?

You are a juvenile and if you are found guilty your record (for shoplifting) will be sealed.

I don't understand how $4 turned into $50. How much did you steal?

Walmart in my area prosecutes ALL shoplifters, no matter what the amount. I don't know if that is the case where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be banned because my Friend shoplifted? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok recently, I was banned from the mall because my friend I was hanging out with stole two hundred dollar swimsuit and a one hundred dollar dress. I told her not to take the stuff but she didn't listen, later on while leaving the store, the police came to us and sent us to the back room. There we...

Shoplifted.need assistance [ 3 Answers ]

I shoplifted over 3 years ago, the item was $20, I got caught by store security filled out some papers and they told me not to come back for a year. After that I got a call from an officer talked about the situation and that was it. After that I got a letter from a lawyer of the company I stole the...

Entering US (shoplifted but was not charged) [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 and I've been caught shoplifting but was not charged. The police has a note on my file that I've shoplifted. I was wondering if this will affect me when I try to cross the US border? Will I have to step out and answer questions, denied entry, etc?

14 yo daughter shoplifted [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 yo daughter shoplifted for the 1st time a Mother's Day necklace that I subsequently paid $20 for. The store sent me a letter wanting $150 for the crime. I didn't pay it & I got $450 bill from a lawyer.She has a court date in 3 days. What must I do? Be nice.

I shoplifted. [ 1 Answers ]

.. I shoplifted in jcpenny I'm a 1st timer with no record got fined to pay civil penalty and have court.I lifted 242.00$worth do you know what can be my penalties?.

View more questions Search