Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelli563 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Faux stone paint and painting safely from roof
    I've heard there is a paint on the market that is suppose to simulate stone (for exterior purposes). Do you know the name and where I could find it?

Second question: I'll need to get up on my roof to paint a section of my house. The roof is steep. What is the best method to use for support?

Thanks
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jun 6, 2006, 07:26 PM
    Don't know the answer to your first question. Hopefully someone else can answer.
    As for the second question, you'll need roof kickers. These are metal supports that get nailed to the roof then a 2x4 or 2x6 is used to span between them. Easiest way is to nail them through the shingles then patch the holes w/ roof tar when done.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 6, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Get a harness and rope
    No holes and easier to deal with
    markC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 02:06 AM
    The paint you may be referring to is available at www.stonlux.co.uk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to comminicate safely to sprit [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am very interested in mediumistic subjects I have lost people to sprit and miss them I can't afford to get a reading as single parent and resources tight can anyone help me find out how to comminicate safely to sprit myself thanks :)

Blarny stone [ 5 Answers ]

What is the story behind the blarny stone?

Covering asbest shingles with faux/synth rock [ 4 Answers ]

I just got off the phone with someone from JPJ Technologies who said that I could cover the asbestos shingles with faux/synthetic rock, or brick panels. The problem is that the cost is $950.00 for a 12 DVD training course. I gather that the price covers the DVDs, and printed materials only. Is...

Faux painting [ 3 Answers ]

I'm painting and faux painting someone's bathroom and her tile is blue with a burgundy border tile at the top. She wants to make the base coat sort of a light burgundy and she wants me to sponge on true dark burgandy. My question is, what other lighter colors would go good instead of these very...

View more questions Search