Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2020, 06:00 PM
    You know where it comes from, the federal reserve prints money
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2020, 07:01 PM
    Actually, that's not really how it works. It is primarily through the sale of government bonds. It is lunacy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2020, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Actually, that's not really how it works. It is primarily through the sale of government bonds. It is lunacy.
    No China around to buy those bonds, trillions wiped of stocks this is a crash so borrowing to spend may be off the agenda and what will be needed is real money, not OPM
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 08:15 AM
    We all are feeling the pinch of events, but TBonds are still safe and popular and not just in China, but everywhere in the known world even with the lowest yields in history.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2020, 08:25 AM
    Yes, but it's still debt which is dumb beyond belief. Our national debt right now is is about 80 thousand dollars for every man, woman, and child in the country. To fund the federal budget with borrowed money is craziness.
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 08:31 AM
    A 25 trillion dollar annual economy should be able to fund an 8 trillion dollar annual government.

No problems with the site today, for now at least!
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2020, 09:31 AM
    A 25 trillion dollar annual economy should be able to fund an 8 trillion dollar annual government.
    Both of your figures are wrong. GDP for the U.S. was about 21 tril last year. Fed budget was about 4.4 tril, about one trillion of which was borrowed. You can't look at GDP in reference to federal borrowing because the feds don't get most of that. A better way is to look at total debt versus federal revenues. When you look at it that way, then federal debt is almost 7 times the amount the feds take in every year. Put another way, if my debt was seven times my income, then I'd be weeping in a corner. But again, we have become such a stupid nation that we no longer even pay attention to it. We only think about today. Tomorrow, including the tomorrows of our children and grandchildren (daughter is expecting our fist grandchild!) no longer counts for much. What insane selfishness that is.

But there is good news. AMHD is back up and working again!
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 09:53 AM
    If you didn't balk over a deficit of 2.1 trillion bucks for tax cuts, then why balk over a trillion bucks to help people caught up in this corona virus fiasco, oil wars and trade wars?
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2020, 11:44 AM
    If you didn't balk over a deficit of 2.1 trillion bucks for tax cuts, then why balk over a trillion bucks to help people caught up in this corona virus fiasco, oil wars and trade wars?
    I don't like budget deficits. I was all for the tax cuts, but they should have been matched by spending cuts. As to the people caught up in "this corona virus fiasco, oil wars, and trade wars", do you plan on helping any of them financially yourself, or are you just in favor of adding more debt on the backs of your grandchildren?
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 12:28 PM
    Is that a fair trade off, helping people caught in a crisis they did not create, and the future of my grand kids? Taxes were cut on the backs of our grand kids already and nobody says squat they took the money and ran. So help those that need it now.

Maybe we will do better tomorrow. Maybe the grand kids will be better than us.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2020, 02:58 PM
    So help those that need it now.
    If you feel that strongly about it then you personally need to do it, but it would be good not to add ever more debt on the backs of our grandchildren.
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 05:55 PM
    I prefer that my government reflect those values that calls for helping citizens in need. I can't do it personally, wish I could, so I cast my vote for those that espouse those values. So far so good, sorry you don't agree but in this you are out voted.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2020, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I prefer that my government reflect those values that calls for helping citizens in need. I can't do it personally, wish I could, so I cast my vote for those that espouse those values. So far so good, sorry you don't agree but in this you are out voted.
    So you espouse the principle of Other People's Money, can't use your own so you agree with taking what belongs to others and giving it away. Can't expect any more from a demonrat, now can we?
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    So you espouse the principle of Other People's Money, can't use your own so you agree with taking what belongs to others and giving it away. Can't expect any more from a demonrat, now can we?
    It ain't other peoples money. It's OUR money in the first place.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2020, 06:22 PM
    It ain't other peoples money. It's OUR money in the first place.
    how does your lack of money become our money?
    Expert

Mar 10, 2020, 06:27 PM
    We voted and we take care of the least of us won.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2020, 06:31 PM
    I can't do it personally, wish I could, so I cast my vote for those that espouse those values. So far so good, sorry you don't agree but in this you are out voted.
    Try running that weak and pitiful excuse past your grandchildren. See what they think about their grandfather's casual attitude about voting for those who are pouring debt into their futures. .
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2020, 08:14 PM
    We voted and we take care of the least of us won.
    Ok so now you are a Bernie supporter
    Expert

Mar 11, 2020, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Try running that weak and pitiful excuse past your grandchildren. See what they think about their grandfather's casual attitude about voting for those who are pouring debt into their futures. .
    I didn't vote for repubs or the dufus who chose to cut taxes on the backs of our grandchildren. You did. Nor do I support cutting assistance for the least, or the needy, to pay for those tax cuts. Start with the bloated military budget, and those tax havens and loopholes for rich people, and multinational corporations that have long allowed them to pay no taxes on most of their money, and run overseas for cheap labor.

Maybe you should examine your own casual attitude about giving to the rich and stealing from the least and the needy.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Ok so now you are a Bernie supporter
    All the dems support assisting the needy and the least of us Clete, not just Bernie.
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2020, 03:09 AM
    Maybe you should examine your own casual attitude about giving to the rich and stealing from the least and the needy.
    Say anything you want, but you are the one advocating for even more borrowing. I'm the one calling for a balanced budget. As to the rich, you mean the ones who are paying more than 85% of fed income taxes? Those people?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

View more questions Search