Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RachMC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 04:48 PM
    I never dated a guy with a kid before?
    So I'm 21 and the guy a recently started dating is 25 and he has a 4 year old daughter, I've never dated someone with a kid before. It's early in the relationship but we're really falling in love kind of fast, and I want to meet his daughter, but I know he's protecting her because her mother left them, and she never sees her. And I respect so much that he's a good father. I just need some advice on how to be with someone with a kid?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Be understanding. Understand the fact that he has someone else that he needs to love and care for, along with you. Let him decide when you meet his daughter, like you said, he is only protecting her. He more than likely wants to wait until it is serious before introducing you to her, to prevent her from getting attatched to you and then you possibly leaving the picture.

I have dated someone with a child before, and it really wasn't any different than dating someone without a child. The only difference was the little treasure that was added to the picture. Just remember that he can't focus only on you 24/7. If you can deal with that, and not get jealous, you should be OK. :)

**EDIT** - You also have to keep in mind that you can't always go to places like bars or clubs unless you can find a babysitter. Most of the time you are going to have to find fun things to do that a child can be involved in as well. Its not so bad, I have two boys and love doing fun things with them. We go to the beach, the park, the zoo, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post dated check [ 2 Answers ]

If a bank accepts a post dated check and it causes your account to become overdrawn, is the bank responsible for the overdrafts or am I?

I've dated 8 guys [ 3 Answers ]

I've dated 8 guys now I know I'm only 17 but I want to find the right guy that will treat me good... if anyone can help I would really love it...

Never dated [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I'm 27 years old and aside from still being a virgin (which sucks), I've never ever been on a date EVER! My parents were a bit protective (typical Indian parents) and until age 21, dating wasn't a big option or priority... on the bright side, I do have my own place (beautiful...

Dated cheque [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cheque dated from 2004 from canada, just woundering if the cheque expires after a certain date or it just stays good indefinetly.

Dead guy robot movie... Kid show? [ 2 Answers ]

This guy was a scientist and dies and his soul gets transmutated into a robot that looks a lot like a wet vac with a pasta strainer for the head, 90's disner channle favorite

View more questions Search