Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stokguru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Odor in Crawl Space
    We recently had one side of our house waterproofed(foundation) due to water seaping in through the foundation seam. After the job was done, an extremely foul odor is coming from the crawlspace. It kind of smells like pesticide or some other chemical. I asked a few people what could be causing the odor, and a few people mentioned that it may be something that was in the soil along the foundation that was dug up during the waterproofing job, and now the smell is seaping in through the foundation. I'm at a complete loss of knowledge in this area, and don't know who to call to come give me a knowledgeable response. We've been in the home for 6 1/2 years.
    Any ideas?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 07:47 PM
    What about contacting the company that waterproofed the foundation? Can't they answer this question,like as to what they used to seal the walls,maybe what they dug up(an old sewer line perhaps)

KBC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crawl space [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I'm from Ontario Canada. I bought a house last July, it's approx. 55 ft by 40 ft with a crawl space of 16 inches in height. There is 2 windows (screens) at each end of the 55 ft length and I was told by the owner to block the windows with styrofoam to keep it warm during the winter time so...

AC Compressor in crawl space [ 4 Answers ]

I plan on moving my 5 ton AC comressor under my house. The space is 6 feet high near the front of building, and slopes up to 18 inches at back of building. I plan to put a wall fan on the front wall of the crawl space; which will run when the compressor runs. Any ideas, suggestions or opinions...

Crawl space [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there... I've recently came upon a problem with condensation within the home (mini home). Each morning all the windows are really wet and the window sill is soaked! After going under the house I've noticed that things are pretty wet there too. Is there something you can get to...

How to get rid of the sewege odor in the crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

Recently there was a backup under the house. All of the sewage is out now how do you get rid of the smell?

Crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how much lime I need for crawl space.:o :o

View more questions Search