Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmersdaughter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Error 1327 Invalid Drive E when Trying to Remove A Program
    I am donating two laptops to charity and am trying to clean them up first by uninstalling a lot of unnecessary software and then using a wiping program to wipe personal data. However, when I try to remove some of the programs using Windows XP's "Add or Remove Programs" function, I get an Error 1327 Invalid Drive E:. I don't even have an E drive on this laptop, just a C drive and a D drive. Can someone help me figure this out so I can donate these computers? I was trying to avoid completely reformatting the hard drive because I can't locate the original Windows disks.

Many thanks.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 05:33 PM
    If the program is no longer installed or was installed from a drive E: you can delete the program's files in C:\Program Files or wherever it was installed and edit the registry to get rid of the Add/Remove program's entry. But, frankly, it's probably a waste of your time. I work with a public library that receives computer donations. Without the operating system CDs, the computer has limited usefulness as an OS license must be added to be legal. I also wipe and thoroughly scrub the drive of any donations we receive to eliminate viruses/malware and then reload the operating system and applications to suit our environment. The drive may even get moved to another system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error 1327. Invalid Drive E:\ [ 10 Answers ]

I recently removed a second hard drive from my computer (Dell w/ Windows XP). Now I cannot install or uninstall programs because the drive path (E) is no longer there. I get an error message: Error 1327. Invalid Drive E:\. I disabled the drive in the setup utility and it is no longer visible in...

How to remove write protection error from pen drive [ 3 Answers ]

How to remove write protection error from pen drive of 512mb

Orange Box Pc "STEAM" can't install error 1327 invalid drive E:\ [ 2 Answers ]

Just a weeks ago I played this Team Fortress 2 with the hard drive of a friend that he connected in my PC :) then some weeks later I decided buying the game "orange box" when I tried to install the game it appeared a error message that says "Error 1327. Invalid Drive E:\" HOW DO I FIX THAT? ...

Windows XP sp2 Error 1327 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix error 1327 invalid drive E

View more questions Search