Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozzieman_123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Am I overweight
    I'm 14 and I'm 10 stone 3 pounds. I have a lot of visible fat and everyone at school keeps calling me fat. On top of that I'm trying to ask this girl out at school but I think that she will prefer a healthier me. But I have asthma and whenever I work out I nearly kill myself. Does anyone have any tips on light workouts PLEASE!
    calvin Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzieman_123
    im 14 and im 10 stone 3 pounds. i have a lot of visible fat and everyone at school keeps calling me fat. on top of that im trying to ask this girl out at school but i think that she will prefer a healthier me. but i have asthma and whenever i work out i nearly kill myself. does anyone have any tips on light workouts PLEASE!
    Whether or not we think your fat is irrelevant ( besides we can't tell without knowing how tall you are lol ) but if you don't like you then it doesn't matter what we think anyway does it the chances are your not fat I mean I weigh more than you and Im considered skinny by most peoples standards its most probable that the people who call you fat are skinny boys and I can tell you for nothing that being a skinny boy is just as indesirable as being a fat one as the media imposed physical standard boys of your age try to attain to is one of biceps and six packs in a few years (as long as you eat healthy etc.. As we all should do ) that excess fat you carry will drop off and you ll be a lot more physically desirable than the skinny boys who will still be skinny if you are serious about working out then look into it and you will notice that there are 2 training zones in terms of heartbeat rates etc 1 is the cardio zone and one is the fat burning zone the cardio zone is a lot more intense than the fat burning zone so before you go and burn yourself out trying to look buff for the girls make sure you are doing things properly and good luck
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzieman_123
    im 14 and im 10 stone 3 pounds. i have a lot of visible fat and everyone at school keeps calling me fat. on top of that im trying to ask this girl out at school but i think that she will prefer a healthier me. but i have asthma and whenever i work out i nearly kill myself. does anyone have any tips on light workouts PLEASE!
    Make a little journal, of what your eating and the amounts for just a couple of days. Now review, is there any junk food on it, or sweets, like cookies, cakes, candy, what about fried foods, or fast foods, what do your drink, is it presweetened drinks like sodas> You need to change your diet, eat less, smaller portions, and choose whole grain products, like wheat breads, rices or pastas, Eat lots of steamed or lightly boiled, or stry fry, veggies. Eat lots of fruits, instead of chips, or snacks. Drink lots of water or try green tea, watching how much sugar the brand your using has. Milks, like 1-2% or skim are the best milk choices, and low fat, low sodium, cheese. Choose yogurt even frozen yogurt but make sure its fat free, low fat or reduced fat, low sugar when you need a snack. The normal serving of any lean meats, like chicken with no skin, Turkey breast or cutlets, fish, lean red loin type meats, should only be 3 oz, which is about the size of an open palm, But these smaller portions are the real secret. That and some form of exercise, even walking, taking it slow because of your asthma will help... but try and do any form of exercise, swimming, etc. 4-5 times a week. Take care of your diet and your health will greatly improve.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overweight daschund [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 5yr old female, has had back surgery and hind legs are wobbly but usually OK. She gets only about 1/2 cup of dry food twice a day. I think the problem is lack of exercise because she will not willingly go out or run around. Any suggestions about food? Has anyone tried the diet of canned...

Overweight Pomeranian [ 4 Answers ]

Am caring for a neighbor's 5-year-old neutered male Pom. Vet told neighbor that dog is overweight. We need to know what dog's weight should be in order to use feeding charts to help dog loose the excess weight. Does anyone know how to determine this dog's ideal weight?

I'm about 60 pounds overweight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, if anyone can help me that would be great. I want to find a really good way for me to exercise but my problem is this. I had a c-section when I had my son and now I have my lower stomach hanging a bit , most of my weight is from that are to my chest, I have large...

Exercises to do when you are overweight [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is very overweight around the middle but her back stops her from doing sit ups , she can't walk more than about 20 steps and she has to stop. She had back surgery 2 years ago and she is still in pain. She is 58 yrs old and has had panic attacks and anxiety attacks when you least expect...

View more questions Search