Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deecee50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Gain access to foreclosed house
    How can my real estate rep gain access to a foreclosed property.The person living in the house is not the owner.The real estate claim they do not know who his person is.He will not answer door phone email.Is this right.I want to bid on this place but would like to see the inside.It was a grow operation.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 10:55 AM

Talk directly to the banks property department. They are the likely owners and would benefit if they help you. Is it up for auction or just up for sale
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 10:56 AM

If whoever holds the title of the house (legal owner of the house) does not know who is staying at the house, then they need to call the police and have that person removed from the premises for trespassing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 11:10 AM

You and the real estate agent has no right to do anything, whoever ( bank or person who bought it at auction or their legal representitive)

The owner of the property can just go in, they have the legal right, if there is someone living there, they merely give notice if possible. If there is not anyone suppose to be living there, they should have the police go in with them, for their protection.

It is not uncommon in empty property for homeless to move in, or for crooks to rent the property to someone else.

Also you said "grow operation" as in a house they converted to grow drugs? If so there is a very good chance that they have did major damage to electrical pannels, to the heating ducts and that there will be a mold issue that would have to be fixed. I have seen several grow houses where it took well over 100,000 to get it to pass building inspectors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if my house is foreclosed on? [ 19 Answers ]

If I stop making payments on my house and they take my house, what happens to me? I don't want to stop making payments on it, some things just came about right now and raised my house payment a couple hundred dollars and I simply can not afford it. So if I stop making payments on the house I...

Is my house being foreclosed on [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out the status of the house I am renting if I can not find my landlord? We have been renting a house in Cobb county, GA for the last 3 years. Our landlord had a few other businesses that in the last couple months we noticed have been shut down. A couple of months ago the LL gave us...

The house I am renting is being foreclosed on [ 3 Answers ]

I am renting a house that is being foreclosed. The current owner has it until the middle of July. He wants me to pay rent for the whole month of July?? I say only for half of July? If I vacate by July 15, 2010 I shouldn't owe any rent? Is that correct?

View more questions Search