Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bookking10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Paranoid father, how do I get him to calm down?
    I have been friends with this girl for over a year, and I finally asked her to date me in January. Her father and I had become really good friends during the time we were hanging out, but as soon as I started dating his daughter, he flipped out and basically hates me now. He limited us to holding hands when he found out we were dating, and that seems too strict. We have been dating for over a month now, and we stopped following his rules. He walked in on us kissing the other day and completely lost it. Now we aren't allowed to be in a room alone. Is there any thing I can say to him to make him loosen up?
    lovable88 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Well I'm sorry I can't offer much help, but I'm in a similar situation. I am currently about to start dating a lad, however my parents don't like him, so I think a war is going to break out and hell let loose. I guess it has something to do with parents wanting the best for their daughters and I suspect protection has a lot to do with it, they just want us to be safe, but they need to give way at times. I always feel like saying "well you were young once!" I mean come on they must have been through what we go through, so therefore you expect them to be good with stuff like that, but its obviously not the case. I would really like to hear what people have to say about this one! And also for anyone reading this please check out my post and see if you can offer any help there, as we are people in desperate need, as I know exactly what you are going through, sorry I cannot be much help! Good luck! I just hope there isn't tension between you and your girlfriend because of it? Also do you feel like you can only go to yours, because of what happens when you go to hers? Does that bother you that you cannot go to hers as easily? Any answers would be appreciated as I don't want to go into a relationship if little things like whose house you go to etc will cause tension! Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I paranoid? Any advice welcome [ 7 Answers ]

Feeling a bit :confused: Been feeling a bit off, very nauseous, very tired, very upset stomach although not eaten much due to being nauseous! Been off birth control for about 6 months. Had unprotected sex with partner on 15th July, what I thought was period started on 17th, started taking...

Paranoid [ 5 Answers ]

Hopefully someone can help me... I just got my puppy two days ago... before we picked her up we were told from our breeder (well known breeder, excellent) that one of the dogs in the litter had worms... and she told us that our puppy didn't, and she gave us a pill to give her in a weeks time......

Need reassurance, I am so paranoid. [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, for those of you who have read previous posts you will know that I have been pregnant before (had an abortion because I was back into a corner etc) and that recently I have been drinking lots of water which has been making me feel great. I also smoke - I have cut down and I am hoping to quit....

Call me paranoid... or not. [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to counter Ultra high frequency radar which may or May not be used by a given "neighbor" Of mine?? :mad:

Am I just paranoid? [ 10 Answers ]

I thought I knew a lot, but every now and them I get stumpped and this one has me paranoid. Recently my internet connection has slowed or in some cases stopped, its not my ISP, I'v asked and I think I'm the victim of some sort of snooper or some dormant trogan or virus. When I open up my...

View more questions Search