Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgainer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Ceiling fan switch - 4 speed fan sold by sears
    I pulled the chain out of the switch on my Sears ceiling fan. Any suggestions on where to find a switch replacement or adapt to something else? Sears no longer stocks the part, I have tried Ace Hardware, Home Depot and local ceiling fan store.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Four speed pullchains are not widely available, you can try CeilingFanParts.com Home, or just use a 3 speed replacement pullchain, omitting one speed and capping off one wire.

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Ceiling fan speed switch [ 2 Answers ]

I removed the speed switch without marking which wires went where. It is a Hampton Bay. Any suggestions as to where a diagram or adivce can be found for the wires? Thanks in advance. Edie

3-speed ceiling fan switch repair [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the pull chain on my 3-speed ceiling fan and forgot to write down the color coding of the wires going into the switch. The switch is marked 1,2,3,L. The wire colors are; black, orange, yellow, purple. Where to they go?

How does a ceiling fan five speed switch work? [ 4 Answers ]

Looking for information on how does 5 speed fan rotary switch for a ceiling fan increase and decrease the fan speed at any given time.

Ceiling fan speed switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan that is approximately 20 years old. I took out the speed control switch, and thought I remembered where the wires went. The switch has two holes per connection. It has Line, 1 2, 3. Apparently I didn't put the wires back correctly. I only get two speeds - high and low. There...

View more questions Search