Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lfh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 01:23 AM
    PC won't boot
    Hi,

When trying to boot the following error displays:“lsass.exe could not be found". When booting from the repair disc, it hangs. Running Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks guys, I ended up doing a fresh format and install.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 04:35 AM
    Are there items on the hard drive that you want to keep or can you try a fresh format and install? Also, when abouts in the repair process does it hang?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Did you try booting to safe mode and then see if you can remove the call for that program from the startup?

Also try googling that filename. There are several articles about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pc won't boot normally [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I have a problem with my PC,this is what goes on,after pressing the turn on switch the PC goes through the POST check then after identifiyng the drives it stops and does nothing,HELP!!

Won't boot from CD-R [ 9 Answers ]

My computer is a dell 5100 inspiron. It has a cd-r/w dvd-rom combo drive (HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N). I can't boot from a cd-r,regular cds are fine, also I get the same thing in windows. I did firmware update and bios update. I have run out of ideas. PLEASE HELP!!

Can't see my p.c boot up [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I can't see my computor boot up until it reach's the log in window for windows xp. And then the moniter turns on. i.e I can't get into the bios because I can't see anything. I've installed the correct graphics card driver... Any ideas? :cool:

On boot up hdd and cd not recognised [ 8 Answers ]

I was trying to reinstall my XP or run a recovery. But as soon as I boot up the PC, the bios does not recognise the hard drive and the cd drive. "primary drive not recognised. Secondary drive not recognised. It then says windows can not run recovery because the hard drive is not present. Please...

Boot up Woes [ 9 Answers ]

I recently migrated my mobo into a new case, but found that now that the comp won't boot. At first it booted telling me that the Cmos Setup was wrong and that the Time and Date was not setup. So I shut it off and turned it back on a while ago only to find out that it won't boot to POST or nothing...

View more questions Search