Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Information on connecting an indirect water heating tank to existing boiler.
    I have an oil fired hot water boiler with a tankless coil installed. Im considering adding an indirect hot water tank. Is that tank fed by the tankless coil in the boiler? Or is the tankless coil removed from the boiler, and opening sealed and covered with plate, and new tank fed with main hot output line from boiler, which also heats home? Thanks, Joe
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 10:20 AM
    See your other post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How often do we flush the boiler in a hot water system heating? [ 1 Answers ]

How often do I need to flush the boiler and add boiler treatment to the system to expand the life of the boiler from expensive replacements? I just did the flushing in Dec 2005, and I just have a plumber in to inspect the furnace condition, they changed the gas value and when I ask them when I...

Domestic Hot Water Heating Boiler System Rad Valves [ 3 Answers ]

Re hot water boiler heating system,with 3 zone valves,in home.need to know to know about small "automatic"? Vents at ends of rads One was 'leaking']slowly but steadilty.and dripping slowly thro to basement forming small 3 inch mark on floor. 4 years ago these "automatic" valves replaced (from...

Connecting an expansion tank to a water heater [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replaced my water heater. It now seeps occasionally from the pressure relief valve. I plan to add an expansion tank. Can I connect the expansion tank to the water heater by using a drain valve at the bottom of the water heater? Usually it is connected to the cold water inlet, but since...

Combi boiler: Hot water but no heating [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Our boiler has started to act up on us. I had the heating on constant the other day. I was up in the bathroom and heard a strange sound coming from the boiler. I ran the hot tap to wash my hands and the water spurted out and it was brown in colour. The boiler had locked out. I tried...

Hammering in my hot water heating boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a zoned in floor hot water heating system that is hammering. The system hammers in the boiler when I have only one zone on. When more than one zone calls for heat, then there is no hammering. * I have installed spiro vents to remove all of the air. * I have checked the pump, and it is...

View more questions Search