Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SUGAPLUM76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Plumbing problems
    Hi
    I Need Some Do It Yourself Help
    Im Having A Problem With My Bath Tub
    Whenever I Turn On The Faucet In The Bathroon Sink , Dirty Water Comes Up Out Of The Tub. The Tub Drain Usually Wouldn't Clog. But Now The Water Won't Go Down. It Is Just Staying In The Tub. I Used A Plunger And Some Liquid Draino And It Is Not Working.
    I Will Really Appreciate If Someone Can Tell Me What I Should Do. Cause I Cannot Afford A Plumber Right Now.
    Thank You
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Sounds like your drain line is plugged after the sink and tub come together. You could pull the trap off the sink and rod down that drain line. 1/4" rod might be sufficient for this but try to use a rotary rod like the ones that are enclosed in a can with a knob on it.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 07:08 PM
    OK... I agree with ballengerb1... snaking drain will most certainly work... BUT I also know a short cut that may solve your problem... could get you in more trouble, too... but hey... be careful and this may just help.

Remove the screws from the face plate of your tub trip waste and overflow assembly... pull the linkage assembly out and plug tightly with a wet rag. Plug the sink drain with a wet rag AND the sink overflow hole(s)... [B]this obviously takes two people to perform[B]... THEN, fill tub with 2 inches of water and holding rag into the overflow with one hand... PLUNGE the tub drain with the other. HERE.. and this is key... push down lightly with the plunger.. get a good seal... THEN PULL the plunger back aggressively! Do this many times and drain will probably clear... will also produce some very mucky, yucky looking water... but will hopefully drain like new! Depends on so much... but this is a trick I have used successfully many times. Just be gentle putting wet rag in overflow, and do not forget to remove the strainer or drain pop-up if it is present BEFORE plunging!

IF this does not work... go for the snake... but be aware that the snake could go UP the vent pipe when snaking the drain line, so make a few attempts before getting discouraged... snake will eventually go DOWN the drain... *smile*... hey! Good luck!

If my answer was helpful please press the RATE MY ANSWER button below... thank you!
    SUGAPLUM76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 08:47 PM
    :) Thank You
    For Those Who Respond

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing problems in the bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

After plunging and snaking the toilet, sink and tub; my toilet and sink still drain into the tub after I flush or run the water in the sink or tub. I also checked the trap outside. I do not know what else to do? Thanks for any help!

Plumbing problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my downstair toilets. They started to make bubble sounds and the water would disappear. My husband took a shower and the toilet backed up into it. The upstairs toilet is fine. It started when I was washing the clothes and my laundry room is upstairs. Don't know what...

Plumbing Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a new home and the builder called today to tell me that although there is no water service to the home water is coming out of the faucets and they do not know why. What could possibly explain this? Should I take my money and run?

Plumbing problems [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix this problem. I have a tub/shower combo and when you turn on the middle control knob for shower use water starts to drip behind the walls from the pipes. It leaks down the pipe to the laundry room below. I can see a little behind the wall from the room below. Thanks for you...

View more questions Search