Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paroma Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 07:32 PM
    ITIN timeline on notice letter received
    I sent in a w-7 application, 3weeks later got a notice letter about not turning in any form of identification, because the certified copy of my passport I sent does not include an APOSTILLE, so I sent in the ORIGINAL PASSPORT 3 weeks ago still not get the ITIN, how long does it take to get ITIN after receiving a notice letter,
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 10:21 AM
    When you submitted the original passport, it restarted the process, which, at this time of year, can take up to three months.
    paroma Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 10:36 AM

I call the ITIN unit today the guy on the phone told me that my case was just the way it was when the first noticed was sent APOSTILLE needed, without any recommendation that any original passport or documentation was received by them, and also that I should have received my passport back by now blc they do not keep original passport, but I got the delivery confirmation that shows delivered three weeks ago, I am really confused do not know what to do.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Wait about another month, then call again. Call every two weeks thereafter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received 3 day pay or quit notice. What happens next [ 2 Answers ]

My son who is disabled has lived at the same residence for 3 years. He is behind in his rent in the amount of$625 and his current rent of $725.00 is due. On oct 8 we received a letter demanding that all monies be paid by Oct 15. My son receives S.S.I and he was working. He has made payment towards...

ITIN LEtter Not Received [ 2 Answers ]

I have not yet received the physical copy of ITIN from IRS. I got the ITIN number from IRS on phone.. My Federal Tax returns were processed on Mar 13.. When shall I expect the ITIN as it more than 6 weeks now from time it was filed... Do we need to have a physical copy or only number is...

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

ITIN letter not yet received [ 9 Answers ]

I filed my taxes this year on feb 10 along with my wife's W7 application for ITIN along with other documents.after calls to IRS in march and April end,I was told at the end of may that my wife's ITIN has been mailed on 14 may.I applied for state tax refund with the ITIN given to us by IRS official...

ITIN Not received [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I applied for my ITIN along with my husbands Tax refund on 26th May 2007. Its been 6 weeks and till date have not received my ITIN. What should I do? Thanks.

View more questions Search