Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peteth11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Connecting TV, Sky Box and Home Cinema
    Hi, my wife's bought me a Samsung Home Cinema for Xmas but I'm struggling with the connections. I have the following:

Samsung flat screen TV with Audio (L&R), Pr Pb Y, Scart, Ant In, Digital Audio Out, PC In, PC/DVI Audio In, HDMI In 2 and 1DVI. Also on the side of the TV it has AV IN (Video and Audio) and HDMI3. The AV In is used for my son's Wii.

SKY BOX - VCR Scart and TV Scart, Aerial, RF Out-1, RF Out-2, L and R, RS232.

Samsung Home Cinema - HDMI Out, Digital Audio In, Scart, Video Out (Yellow) and Aux In (White and Red).

I don't have High Def.

At the moment I have the following connections in place but it doesn't give me the Home Cinema Sound on Sky Tv or normal TV Channels. It does work perfectly for DVD's and CD's:

SKY BOX to TV using a scart lead from the TV Scart connection on the SKY BOX. SKY BOX to DVD using a scart lead from TV Scart on Sky box to DVD Scart. SKY BOX to DVD via left and right on SKY BOX to Aux In (sky TV doesn't appear on screen without this extra connection).

As you can probably guess from the above I'm pulling my hair out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and all the very best wishes for 2010.

Pete

Check out some similar questions!

Sky digi box [ 3 Answers ]

My sky box showes no signal but use another its OK, can it be re set or repaired

Connect /dvd recoder / sky box / TV [ 0 Answers ]

Connect sony dvd recorder HXD890 with built in freeview/160gb hard drive to HD TV/SKYBOX(Basic)

Connecting sky HD to home cinema [ 2 Answers ]

Hello first time on here I have just had sky HD and connected my home cinema system to the sky box via a scart ,as I only have 1 scart socket on home ciema system . The problem is I can only get sound but no picture , the sky box is connected with an hd lead directly to the TV

Connecting TV to SKY basic box to DVD recorder [ 1 Answers ]

HI. I am trying to connect my new Samsung flatscreen, SKY basic digi box and a phillips DVD recorder together so I can record DVD from SKY. Here is the equipment: DVDR 610 DVD player/recorder Scart: "EXT 1 - to TV I/0" Scart: "EXT 2 - to AUX I/0" Sky basic box Scart 1: called "VCR scart"

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.