Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Berry78311 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Sponor Duration
    Does this mean that the sponsor will be wholly responsible for the sponsored immigrant when he/she enters the US for a total of 3 yrs?

These amendments require that the income and resources ofany person who, as the sponsor of an alien's entry into theUnited States, executes an affidavit of support or similaragreement on behalf of the alien, and the income andresources of the sponsor's spouse (if living with the sponsor)shall be deemed to be the income and resources of the alienunder formulas for determining eligibility for SSI, TANF andFood Stamp benefits during the three years following thealien's entry into the United States.

Thank you so much!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 07:17 PM
    You are sponsoring a K-3 visa, so when your husband apply for adjustment of status, you will have to submit I-864 - affidavit of support. This is an agreement between you and US government, which simply means if you will be liable if he becomes public charge. Sponsor's responsibility ends when:

-The alien becomes naturalized OR
    -The alien has worked and earned income for 40 quarters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duration [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know how to get started, I need to find the duration of a fixed rate loan. Fixed rate loan asset is 65 million Have 5 year maturity, are priced at par and pay 12 percent annual interest. Thank you

Duration for ICWAI [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it ideally take to complete the ICWAI course?

Time / Duration [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take for the processing of a Portuguese passport once all the documents are submitted and are proper ?

Ice duration in cooler box [ 2 Answers ]

Generally, how long does ice cubes last (until it melts) in a cooler box? Assuming the cooler is kept at room temp.

View more questions Search