Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vika0214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
    My Dad ows money to the hospital
    Hi,
    My parents came from Russia to live with us about year and a half ago. My Dad started working for the employment agency, where they take about half what he makes. He doesn't speak English well so he gets jobs that require hard labor. Last August when he was on the job, he started having trouble breathing and felt dizzy. He came home, the management of that company told him to go to the hospital. He had health insurance that time. They kept him in the hospital for several days, while they were trying to find out what was wrong. When he got out, the employment agency canceled his health insurance. And it turns out the insurance he had was a basic insurance. It doesn't cover more than about $2,500. He is getting the hospital bills, it went to the collection agency. We asked the management of the company he works for about workers compensation because it happened on the job and was most likely the cause of the illness(it was outside, hot and humid, working in the gutted, moldy building).They said he is not going to get it and he is supposed to pay all of it himself. He can not possibly pay about $15,000. He does not make enough money even to live independently. Is there is a law about worker's compensation? What will happen if he doesn't pay it?
    Thanks
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Get a workers comp lawyer immediately. "They said he is not going to get it and he is supposed to pay all of it himself." They always say this!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 08:13 PM
    1. He can and should have filed a workers comp claim,
    Next even if they cancelled the insurance after he was out, the insurance would have been in effect when he was in the hospital, so what has the claims dept of the hospital say.

Also emplooymnt agencies don't keep 1/2 of your money, sounds like something illgal there also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

What to take with me to the hospital [ 10 Answers ]

:D Hello all! :D I was just wondering if there were any specifics on what I should take to the hospital with me when I go into labor? I know I'll need comfortable clothes, toiletries, and the diaper bag with everything for baby... but is there anything else you would recommend? How is...

View more questions Search