Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T2weston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 06:51 AM
    Noise coming from pipes when flushing toilet
    When I flush the toilet there is a loud "gurgling" sound coming from the drain pipe. I checked the pipe in he basement and it looked fine. I also went out and took the cover off the septic tank; it also looks normal. Any thoughts?
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Apr 29, 2011, 07:02 PM
    Is your septic tank the kind that cleans the water with chlorine and sprays it out through sprinklers in the yard? If so, the suction caused by this could cause the "gurgling" noise. There also could be air in the pipe; if everything seems normal I wouldn't worry about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise after flushing the toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Loud noise after flushing the toilet

Noise in pipes after flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

About 4 weeks ago our sewer pipes began making a loud niose after flushing the toilet, we had the plunber come out to check the water pressure reducing valve to make sure it was not bad and he stated that it was not the valve. Of course the noise did not occur while he was at our home. We have...

Noise after flushing toilet [ 6 Answers ]

Few months ago we've noticed that after flushing the toilet and after the tank feels with water, we hear a rumbling noise in the pipes for few seconds. Then the noise disappeared for few weeks and now it's back every time we flush the toilet. Any suggestions on what should be done to fix this...

View more questions Search