Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordanmalibu12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 10:42 AM
    I drank alcohol on Friday now I need to pass a EtG test?
    I drank 400 ml of 100 proof whiskey on Friday evening before 9 pm now I need to take a EtG test today or tomorrow morning. Will I be clean?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 02:14 PM
    You won't pass. The EtG tests for byproducts from metabolizing alcohol that last in your system longer than the alcohol itself. You would need at least another day or two to test clean
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:15 PM
    Unlikely that you'll pass based on what you drank, and the time frame involved.

Apr 28, 2013, 02:20 PM
    I am taking a variety of vitamins and liver detoxifiers and also taking in a lot of water and cranberry juice. Will it make a difference if I wait until Tuesday
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanmalibu12 View Post
    I am taking a variety of vitamins and liver detoxifiers and also taking in a lot of water and cranberry juice. Will it make a difference if I wait until Tuesday
    If you try to fool the test they will know. You'll fail either way.

I doubt that waiting until Tuesday will help much.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:23 PM
    Are you on probation and not supposed to drink?

Apr 28, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Just not supposed to I'm not on probation yet but had a minor slip up I'm unsure of how they would know the difference if my system is cleared out and just doing so by using natural vitamins
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Just not supposed to I'm not on probation yet but had a minor slip up I'm unsure of how they would know the difference if my system is cleared out and just doing so by using natural vitamins
    Your urine would be very dilute. They watch for that. Vitamins will not help.

Apr 28, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Your urine would be very dilute. They watch for that. Vitamins will not help.
    Even if my urine is the right color... How would they know?
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Vitamins would not change anything.

Remember, anything you consume will show on the test. If you drink a lot of water trying to detox your system, it will show. If the test comes back as diluted, the logical assumption is that you tried to fool the test, which means you had something to hide.

Failing for dilution is failing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:38 PM
    It won't be the right color and it will test dilute.
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 02:39 PM
    The same way they'd know if you drank alcohol. It's called science.

It's very easy to determine if someone has tried to dilute their urine. The color of your urine doesn't matter at all. They don't base their test on that. They will test, and if your urine is diluted, they'll know.

Apr 28, 2013, 02:41 PM
    What if I stay away from water and stick to antioxidants... And I have knee surgery Monday will that mess up the test also from the meds being pushed through a I've
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 03:09 PM
    What if I stay away from water and stick to antioxidants..... And I have knee surgery Monday will that mess up the test also from the meds being pushed thru a iv
    You'll need to provide a list of the meds given during your surgery, with verification that you received those meds.

I do have to ask, how are you going to go from knee surgery to a drug test on the same day?

Apr 28, 2013, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You'll need to provide a list of the meds given during your surgery, with verification that you received those meds.

I do have to ask, how are you going to go from knee surgery to a drug test on the same day?
    I haven't decided yet but I don't want to go back to jail for 90 days so I'll have to figure that out.
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 03:16 PM
    I haven't decided yet but I don't wanna go back to jail for 90 days so I'll have to figure that out.
    So this is a court mandated thing?

Have you considered following the court order, and not drinking?

Do you have a drinking problem that you need help with?

Apr 28, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    So this is a court mandated thing?

Have you considered following the court order, and not drinking?

Do you have a drinking problem that you need help with?
    Its court ordered yes and I haven't drank more than twice I got in the trouble and now both times have landed me in more trouble. As far as the drinking problem I'm not sure. Yes and no but its not uncontrollable anymore
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2013, 01:30 PM
    These tests are very sensitive and these "vitamins" that people tout for this purpose are a scam. They can tell if you are trying to dilute your urine. The only thing that will resolve this is time. You drank a lot of very strong alcohol.

May we ask why you drank so much knowing you have to take this test? Do you need some help with drinking? Perhaps someone on the site could help you out with that. Maybe this test isn't the real issue. If it's a legal issue, getting yourself into treatment voluntarily before court will help you legally as well as in terms of managing the rest of your job better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I drank on Friday will I pass an EtG test on Monday [ 14 Answers ]

On Friday I had about 10 drinks no more but possibly less over the weekend I didn't exercise or drink huge amounts of water but and had a glass of cranberry juice before I went to bed my test was at 4:30 on Monday and I drink a little over a half gallon of water starting at about 3:00 ending at...

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Drank Friday Got tested today(Thursday), will I pass this EtG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 5'3, 118 pounds, female. I had five glasses of Franzia Merlot wine starting Friday night at 11, and ending at 4am Saturday morning. I got a surprise EtG test this morning(Thursday) at 9am. I have read it EtG cannot usually be detected past 80 hours, however this treatment center I go to...

Drank Thursday and Friday until 1:00AM Friday night will I pass EtG on Monday at 4:00 [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't drank in weeks. I drank Thursday evening until Friday night at 1:00AM Taking a EtG urine test Monday at 4:00. Will I pass?

Drank Friday night will I pass EtG on Wednesday? [ 1 Answers ]

drank roughly about 8 beers (bottles) bud select and three shots of tequila Friday night... got selected for a random EtG today Wednesday which I just finished taking at 450pm.. what are my chances of passing? 5'7 173lbs

View more questions Search