Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bheston Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
    RUUD furnace won't ignite
    I started my furnace for the first time this year and it doesn't light, it is a RUUD delux 90 plus, model UGEB-10EE-GS, direct vent with electronic ignitor. I turn the furnace on and thermostat up and the exhaust vent kicks on and runs. If I remember from last year the exhaust vent will run for around 30 sec, then the ignitor will glow and the gas valve will click on. Now I don't get anything other than the exhaust fan blowing. The ignitor went out last year and when that was out the gas valve would still cycle, so I don't think that is it, I also visually inspected the ignitor and didn't see a break. Is getting cool at night, what can I check? Thanks for the help!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 06:16 PM

Is the circute board giving a code (blinking light)?

Oct 15, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    is the circute board giving a code (blinking light)?
    I removed the lower pannel to expose the circuit board and wiring, and don't see a diagnostic LED like some units have. I could be missing it but it doesn't appear to have one. Any way to look up my model and see if it does? A Google search didn't find anything. Thanks for the help
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 06:16 PM

If you opened the lower panel you will have to depress the button/kill switch by hand to send power to the unit /this should light up the led light on your board

Oct 24, 2008, 05:14 AM

I wanted to post the resolution to this. First, this furnace doesn't have any type of LED indicator on it, I ran the furnace with th lower door off and manually switched the kill switch to see it run. Since I didn't get any power to my ignitor I backed up and started testing switches. I found that one of the two pressure switches was not working. I tested it using a multi-meter to test continuity as I blew lightly on the hose. I replaced the 3 wire switch and am back in business again. Thanks for the advise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ruud furnace problems [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Ruud high efficiency furnace that's giving me fits. The problems started a few weeks ago when I woke up to a cold house. I reset the breaker, it wasn't tripped and the unit seemed to work as it should for a few days, then it happened again. I checked and reseated all the electrical...

No electrical heat-ruud furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5.5 year old, 4 ton, split, ruudd furnace. Heating is electrical. The heat does not work, the motor runs but it just blows cold air. The cold settings for air conditioning work well. How do I know whether the problem is with the heating elements or something else? Thanks

Ruud a/c furnace leaking water [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Ruud a/c (unit outside/furnace inside) that started leaking water last night and now there is a puddle under the unit. Need help and don't know where to look or what to do.

RUUD AC and Furnace Blower Not Shutting Off [ 2 Answers ]

My RUUD central ac and furnace blower run continuously even after I set my Durabrand automatic thermostat to OFF. It gets really cold in the house and I have to shut off the circuit breakers to both the AC and the Furnace to turn them off. Thermostat worked fine up until a week ago, new batteries...

View more questions Search