Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcheitel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Lease up, roommate won't leave
    My girlfriend has had a roommate since feb. The roommate won't pay on time ever for rent or utils. He is known to smoke crystal meth in the house etc etc

The lease is up next month, she doesn't want he to renew with him, but he won't leave.

The apt complex would not likely rent to him due to his credit, and only let him in based upon hers.

We do know that her mistake was not to have a roommate agreement signed when he moved in.

He has stated that she can leave, he will keep the apt but also said that it would take 2 months to evict him.

Even if she moves, they have to jointly sign paperwork but he won't even do that.

She wants to keep the place, what can be done?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:11 PM
    If he is smoking meth, all the police and turn him in,

There are allowance for emergancy eviction, for criminal activitiy also.
    You need to check with the local court or sheriff department for the specific rules
    DC Bob Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 01:23 PM
    I'd be careful about calling the police on this guy. It is certainly you're right to do so, but just be careful. If the police come, the guy is likely to figure out that you are the one who turned him in.

Good luck,
    - Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate never got on lease, now won't leave [ 15 Answers ]

I live in Berks county, PA. My roommate and I agreed to share an apt. beginning Oct. 2006. I signed lease but she needed co-signers to get on the lease and promised that she would. She has since then not gotten on the lease and has become an intolerable, irresponsible and violent roommate. I...

I Want The Roommate To Leave! [ 8 Answers ]

I live in the state of virginia and have a verbal agreement with a guy who is renting out my spare room. I never had him sign a lease agreement. He is just a roommate. Now I want him to leave. He is behind on his rent. His dog uses my house as it's own toilet. I walk through my front door and slip...

Kicking out a roommate not on lease [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my best friend moved into a huge house together. We moved in one of our good friends and things have just not worked out. Her boyfriend moved in and stole from us, we had to call the cops on her for attacking us. We told her that since her boyfriend moved in (for 2 months now) that they...

When a roommate moves and leave their stuff [ 3 Answers ]

My roommate has moved out, but all of his stuff is still in the apartment. I am the *only* one on the lease. My landlord knew he was their and not legally on the lease. He won't answer my phone calls, and has not called me back. Can I remove his things myself or is this illegal? Is there a time of...

My cat IS on the lease but my roommate wants it gone! [ 20 Answers ]

I just moved into an apt 3 weeks ago. It's a 2bdrm roommate situation. The landlord let the other roommate advertise and choose the person she would be living with (me!). Her ad said "pets are allowed but need to be discussed." We discussed my cat and how attached I am and that I would only take...

View more questions Search