Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    netlook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 12:25 AM
    Provide insight into my mortgage mess
    I am in southern California and I have gotten my family into a real mess.

We bought a home for 600k in scripps ranch and converted our previous home in chula vista CA into an investment property.

The rental from the investment property just about covers the PITI on the its 30yr fixed mortgage of $300k.

Now we are worried about our primary residence as it is likely to sell for around 400k-450k in this real estate correction ( still smaller and costlier than my previous propery! What a crazy mess! )

I am reading a lot of gloomy forecast for our economy and am worried about being able to keep my job. I can weather this out if I maintain my current income.

In the worst case scenario where I get laid-off and also get foreclosed on my residence, can the lender come after my savings and 401k and investment property and seize it - leaving me with no residence?

I have begun losing sleep over this nightmare scenario. For what ever its worth I have perfect credit ~800 now...

Interesting life!
    netlook
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 29, 2008, 07:48 AM
    I believe, under recent laws passed to protect people due to the mortgage crisis, they would not be able to go after you for any shortfall in the value due to foreclosure.

The current market value of your residence has no bearing unless you need to sell or it is subject to foreclosure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex doesn't want to provide... [ 2 Answers ]

My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

What MUST I provide to the defendants before trial? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a pretrial conference re: my lawsuit against an association for damage to my car. So far, things are looking good for me as we go forward to a trial (the defendants/attorney were encouraged by the mediator to make an offer, but they refused). I am alone in this, as I have no attorney. My...

Taxes and a mortgage mess this year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, About three years ago we refinance our home, and took some cash out to pay bills mainly student loans. Sounded like a good deal at that time, well it was one of those inflating rates.. we tried to refinance and found out that we owed allot more then the place was worth. We talked to a realtor...

Can anyone Provide an example of [ 3 Answers ]

An activity the Department of Homeland Security has engaged in that you believe supports it mission and one you do not.:confused:

View more questions Search