Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yodo1089 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2014, 12:27 PM
    Why do I sweat so much?
    I have no idea what the problem is but the last 3 weeks I have been sweating constantly under my arms. And I have to worry every time I wear a shirt I wear a sweatshirt to hide it. I'm not nervous or annything and it only happens at school. What is the problem I have tried getting new deodorents buy still the same what is causing it and what do I do to stop it and I'm not hot or annything please help. Please
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 12, 2014, 12:33 PM
    How old are you? THis actually does matter. At certain stages particualtry when going through puberty and a few yers of that time your sweat glands there start working and might work overtime for at least a few years... it usually subsides when you reach maturity.
    yodo1089 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Well I'm 13 and I sweat under my arms it is soooo embarrassing
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 12, 2014, 12:48 PM
    That's why... Puberty... those sweat glands are just starting to work... with the hormone swings at that age... your body will do some things that are weird and uncomfortable. THe good thing is in time it will decrease to what is a more normal amount... but you will always sweat there. THere are products that will reduce the sweat and prevent the odors both. Personally, I find Arrid XX Dry stick works best for me ( they have unscented as well as masculine and feminine scents)... just be aware a deoderant alone won't stop the sweating... only control the odor. You need a Anti-persperant / Deoderant. And you need to use it daily after showers. And it will keep it under control.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2014, 01:54 PM
    Its puberty, and time to tell mom so he can show you what to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

17 yr old doesn't sweat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 17 yr old son that rarely sweats. He was working in 95 degree heat yesterday and all the other boys/men were soaked in sweat but he was dry as a bone. That would be fine except he started throwing up all the liquids he was drinking. I'm concerned his lack of sweating is an issue.

To sweat or not to sweat. [ 8 Answers ]

Spring... time for battle over the thermostat setting. Wife wants the AC set at 77 degrees and I want it set at 73 degrees. She argues that my setting would increase our electric bill substantially. Of course, I don't think it would make a lot of difference. Is there a basic "rule of thumb" to come...

To sweat or not to sweat in ultra sensitive area [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks again again guys, but, most respectfully, you are not giving the required consideration due to this peculiar work area. Normally, (as I've done a 100 times before)I would get out my trusty acetylene torch and fabricate copper all the way, but,(sorry to repeat again) I'm working in a very...

Sweat on 1 side [ 3 Answers ]

Why do I sweat under 1 arm and not the other.

Sweat odor [ 1 Answers ]

OMG! My best friend still hasn't found the remedy.. oh please help me... she still sweats.. she now uses crystals with 2 drops of lemon in order not to stink.. bt still the sweating is der and its getting worse.. oh, please help me, she's so confuse in what 2 do... :confused:

View more questions Search