Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pineapplez17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Access denied to cd-rom drive
    My computer is set up with three users, all of which have administrator status. However, the cd-rom drive only works on one of the user accounts. When I try to load cds [music, games, data, etc] or dvds into the drive while logged into either of the other two accounts, an error message pops up saying "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." I have no idea how to fix this situation. Any ideas?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Reverify Administrator group membership for affected accounts, check local security policies for removable devices, and any group policies in effect. If D: is not the CD drive, also check NTFS permissions.
    pineapplez17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 09:11 AM
    I looked into local security settings, but it all refers to networked computers. Mine isn't networked, there are just multiple accounts on the one computer. And yes, D: is the CD drive.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Odd. Running out of ideas...

Questions:
    • Do you have any sort of lockdown software on the machines - Deep freeze, Windows SteadyState/Shared computer toolkit, etc?
    • Has the drive worked in the past and suddenly stopped?
    • Does event log show any CD drive related errors?
    • Do the affected users have any CD recording software or other application that could be locking the drive?

Try:
    • In disk management, verify security permissions under drive's properties in Removable Storage. Can also change the drive letter to an unused letter like Z: temporarily and see if it has any effect.
    • Remove affected users from all groups and reapply group memberships.
    gee4hev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 03:33 PM
    I need help
    gee4hev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
    I have my loptop I can't read cd it telling me acces denied

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

D drive access denied [ 1 Answers ]

After Re Installation xp professional, my d drive cannot access. Access denied error shows. Please help me to fix this problem

Access denied c: drive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am in serious trouble. I am not able to access my c: drive(when I open my computer it is shown like (Access Denied (c wherever I click on the icon it says c:\ not accessible. Access Denied. For this drive the sharing and security tab in the properties window is missing. So I can't view...

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

C Drive Access Denied [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new hard drive not too long ago, making my c drive a slave and the new f drive the master. When I go to c:\documents and settings\owner, it tells be "access denied." What do I have to do to gain access? The reason I ask is because my anti-virus software keeps finding trojan horses...

View more questions Search