Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfander123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Can dogs eat homemade granola w/ oatmeal, dried cranberries, honey, dried apricots?
    I had made some granola and scrambled eggs. My dog ate off my plate when I left the room (a no-no) and I realized he had eaten the eggs (maybe a quarter of a cup) and part of a homemade granola bar. Will the granola ingredients harm him? So far he has not indicated any discomfort. There were no raisins, but he may have eaten a dried cranberry. Will he be OK?
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Sep 17, 2011, 09:57 PM
    He should be fine, unless there was dark chocolate in it, which is dangerous for dogs. Because it was only one, I'd say the chances of him having a bad reaction would be slim, and eggs are good for them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 18, 2011, 03:11 AM
    I give my dog and cat tiny amounts of healthy people food in addition to their good quality kibble. I agree that eggs (cholesterol) are good for them, and the granola ingredients are probably in their kibble anyway, even cranberries. I give my dog a little broccoli whenever I cook some, for the fresh veggie vitamins. I buy cheap cuts of meat or chicken for cutting up into little pieces as a substitute for the crap that comes in a lot of canned food, and it saves money over the good canned foods. The kibble is important for teeth cleaning and for the pet-needed ingredients that people food doesn't provide in the needed amounts.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 21, 2011, 06:25 AM
    Unless he has a serious allergy to human foods, that's a pretty healthy substitue for dog food! Sounds like what I make mine when I forget to get dog food!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My denture has dried out what do I do [ 1 Answers ]

I left my immediate denture out of water for 2 days as my extractions were very painful and I couldn't wear it. Will it be damaged

Dogs and dried up worms [ 3 Answers ]

I hope I haven't asked this before, because if I did I do not remember the answer. When we walk our dogs, my 10 lb poodle 'Bingo' will stop and rub her face and body all over a dried up dead worm:confused: She freaks out and has to roll all over it. She actually looks like she is searching...

Breastmilk dried up [ 6 Answers ]

Hi this is for my sis and myself, my baby is now a year and about four months old and I have no more breast milk though about a month ago I could get a drop or two when I squeezed my nipple. I don't have much privacy or alone time to stimulate myself and my sister wants me to double in to help her...

All dried up [ 2 Answers ]

I had a question I'm married and when I was a child I was molested by both men and woman. And konow when I have sex with m,y husband I don't always like for him to touch me on my breast. I have never had an orgasm by anyone. And when I do have sex with me husband it feels like nothing I mean I can...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

View more questions Search