Ask
    rich1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 06:27 PM
    New duct work?
    Want to go from 10 seer to13 seer do I need new duct work if so what
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2012, 07:04 PM
    No you should not need new duct work if you are just changing SEER. If the tonnage of the system is going to be larger then the cfm and duct size comes in to play and MAY need to be reworked.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 24, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Hi T-Top. Great answer. I am not on here much anymore so I thought I would say HI.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Hi T-Top. Great answer. I am not on here much anymore so I thought I would say HI.
    I'm not on much either. Its good to see your out and about with your info and helping. I'm sure you have been missed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise in duct work [ 7 Answers ]

We've recently built a new home and since we started using the furnace we've heard a very annoying dripping noise in the walls. I've heard from the builder that is caused by the expanding and contracting of the heating ducts, is this true, and if so what I can do about it?

How do I connect duct work if duct tape won't hold? [ 2 Answers ]

The elbo section of duct work in basement fell down from the duct it was connected to and previous owner had it connected with duct tape. New application of duct tape did not hold it for long. So what is the safest way to connect these two ducts or at least prop it up to the ceiling so it cannot...

Duct work [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a 2 ton goodman heat pump the house is 1000 sq feet,the duct work is flexible, 25 ft. long by 10 in. the R Value is 6. Is there anything wrong with the duct work I'm using.( to big, to small, wrong R Value, or does it matter.) North Carolina. Thanks

Duct work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 ton heat pump,will 10 inch duct work be to big or small or does it matter. Thanks Jinglehimer.

View more questions Search