Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddylildrop Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Spending money
    My friend gets a divorce, decree states pay childsupport (he is paying), boyfriend has another baby signs birth certificate.. my questions are:1.do the child still need to be legitimized? 2.if the new mom goes and puts him on childsupport will the state modify the child support already ordered?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
    BOYFRIEND has another baby?

Whoever has another baby, unless the baby is your friend's why would it affect him at all? If it his your friend's baby, if he signed an acknowledgment of paternity then he is the fate. And, of course, his child support will increase for the new child.

Jan 10, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Boyfriend and friend are the same person... he is divorced pays childsupport through the court.. he has a new child with me.. he signed the BC for the new child... if I go put him on childsupport will the old court order be modified due to another child being added to his income? Do I still need to legitimize this child?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Thanks for clarifying. If you are not the mother of the other child, your request for support is a totally separate action. The court will consider the amount he is paying in determining support, but it will be a separate award.

Jan 11, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Thanks so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accumulating money and not spending it [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 501C3 organization to raise and accumulate money and not use it for the purposes intended? Example, the treasury has over three hundred thousand dollars and budgets less than 60 thousand to be spent for the year for purposes intended and more and more money is raised and...

Itunes money spending [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I recently moved from Australia to Canada. I need to change my Australian iTunes account to a Canadian one but when I tried to do that, I got a note saying I had to spend all my itunes money before it was possible for me to do that. The problem is, I have $1.14 and it's SUPER hard to find...

Addicted to spending money? [ 10 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as being addicted to spending money? My boyfriend cannot control himself it seems like. He just spends and spends and spends and has no regard for having to pay bills or anything. We don't live together or anythign but I have to help him with his bills because he can't do...

Spending money for astrology [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My younger brother's business is not progressing. He is too much inclined to superstitions now and spending a lot of money to offer to the fraud astrologers for the betterment of his business. He believes that our framily has a curse and to get rid of it he has to do some offers to...

Extravagant spending of money [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My father passed away years ago. He did not leave a will so we had a lawyer execute an extra-judicial settlement. In it, my mother got most the properties and shares of stocks with the other companies my father had shares of (none of us contested). As with our family business, the money all...

View more questions Search