Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diego1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 12:28 AM
    How to potty train a zu to go outside?
    I have a 4 month old zu that goes on the pad when he is in a confined area indoors, but when I take him outside he does not go. What can I do?
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Dec 30, 2008, 01:41 AM

Try taking a pad outside and getting him to go on it there. If he is comfortable doing it, then let him do it a couple of times and then try removing the pad and see if he will then go natuarally. He may think that the pad is the only acceptable place to urinate. Although this is unrelated, my dad had to build a "bridge" for our family poodle to use the sliding glass doors. I accidentally forgot to put the bridge down one day, and "Missy" jumped the sliding glass door track and never used the bridge after that. It is the same principle, I think.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Dec 30, 2008, 04:35 AM

Evertyime your pup starts to whiz inside use something to distract him( like shaking a bottle full of rocks) and this will get him to stop peeing, when he does bring him outside to finish. If he does praise him a whole bunch. Keep on doing this dogs learn things by repitition, and consistency.
    Ohh... And its usually best if you have a chosen spot for the dog to ''go'' every time and that is where you bring him.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old won't potty train [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I have a 3 year old son as well as a 9 month old son and a 10 year old daughter. I have been having a very difficult time trying to train him to go on the potty. I think I have tried about every pull up out there, even the one that goes cold when he goes, but all he did was laugh that it went...

Potty train for my shih tzu [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a 8 weeks old shih tzu. I work long hours so I plan to potty train him indoor. I use newspaper in the crate and he pees on it, but when I let him out, he won't do it but instead he pees on the carpet. Sometimes when I caught him when he need to go, so I put him on the paper he just...

I can't potty train my Dachshund! [ 6 Answers ]

my dog won't go to the bathroom in the grass :confused: We make sure that my dog abby goes out side right after she eats, but just goes on the side walk and our porch. What do I do.:confused: :(

Trying to potty train [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a miniature dachsund for my son. The lady who had him said that she had started potty training him until she got hurt and could not tend to him anymore. He is 9 weeks old and I have bought the potty pads for him. I have put the potty pad out and noticed that he will pee on the pad...

Potty Train 21mths. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... back history... my daughter is almost 21mths now and seems interested in using the potty. Problem is she won't take off her diaper. When she was about 14-15 months she use to take off her diaper and I would scold her for it and so she stopped and that was the end of it. But now that she wants...

View more questions Search