Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janeybabe40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Child abandonment
    I am the paternal aunt of a minor child turning 18 in December. I was given physical custody and joint legal custody with her father in Jan 2005. Her father dis-owned her in July 2005 choosing never to see her again. He has had no contact, paid no child support (he was not ordered as I did not request it), and has only kept her on his health insurance. We are now in a situation where the child needs a minor surgery and the court order states he has final decision making regarding health. If he refuses to send me a notorized letter granting authorization what would my legal rights be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2007, 09:38 AM
    You would have to petition the court to intercede. Whether the surgery is minor or not isn't the issue, its how necessary it is, that's the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment of a child [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year old niece that is being raised by her widowed mother. She has one more year in high school and is the captain of her dance team at school and does very well in school. Her mother grauated nursing school 3 years ago and just recently has been accepted to a physician assistants...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We are having to relocate to a different state due to being laid off from work. I have a 17 year old son who is from a different father that refuses to go with us. We have 8 months until he turns 18. I am recognized on the birth certificate as his father though we have DNA proof that the...

Child Abandonment [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son who has spent a total of 30min with his biological father since I was 3 months pregnant. That was December 22, 2005. The father left me because he thought it was going to be a girl and he didn't want one. I called him when my son was a week old, as soon as we got out of...

View more questions Search