Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2005, 01:31 AM
    Should I expect him to move for me?
    I am 22 years of age and have been dating my current boyfriend who is 25 years of age for just over a year and a half. Last night we had a discussion about what would happen if I got a job offer in another city. He works in a grocery store that his parents own right now and I have already moved from my hometown to be with him, left everything and everyone I knew so I could be with him. We have planned to get married, picked out rings and everything but when I asked him if I had to move to another city for my job he said he wouldn't come with me because of the grocery store he works in and he wants to try and own it some day. Am I wrong in thinking he should move for me or is this being selfish? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    minisilvi11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 06:32 PM
    I'm in the same situation... I know how you feel.
    Steno,
    I'm in the same situation, and I know how you feel. Your boyfriend( future husband), should recognize that you did make a great sacrifice for him in one point in time. If he plans to get married with you he should be open to making some sacrafices himself. That's all I have for you now. I wish you the best of luck with this situation. :o
    minisilvi11
    laptop1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2005, 05:17 AM
    Steno
    This may sound a little old fashion to u but the man should always be the provider in the family in more ways than just financial. He should also be the spiritual leader in the family. You are young and so is he give it a few more years to see if this is who you honestly want to marry. If you are questioning the fact that he will not leave with you now then you will question it later and what do u think will happen then a divorce. Not what u want sweety u have time to grow in this relationship and the good book tells us that when u marry u shall leave your mother and father and he like wise and u shall live as one and where your husband goes you to shall follow... my concern with this relationship is that if he wants to stay in the FAMILY business is he letting go of his family to live as one with u and make a family of his own. Just give this more time to see if u are willing to follow him in his life journey or are you independent enough to let go and take your own journey and see where it takes u in life. Good luck and God bless and pray about this God will never lead you astray. Talk to your clergy and get the facts set forth in the bible as to what u should do. I will keep u in my prayers and ask that God guides u in the right direction and that he either keeps this person u feel is right for u in your life or that he will lead u to the right person who will be th best for your life purpose...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Too much to expect a thank you note? [ 11 Answers ]

Twice in one year I have mailed a money order for $50.00 together with a wedding card and a personal note. One wedding was a year ago; the other was back in May. At the first wedding, the groom came up to me and said thanks for the money; the second wedding I didn't attend. Hmmm, maybe in...

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

Can't move on! [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?

View more questions Search