Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajeevhmr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 10:06 PM
    I have asus mother board but no sound drive installed in it
    I have purchached asus mother board M2N68-AM SE2 with AMD PROCESSOR but it have no sound
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 10:28 PM

The board specifications on Asus' website indicates it includes a ALC662 High Definition Audio 6 -Channel CODEC. It may be possible that this board model comes with different options in different markets and does not come with onboard sound in your market. Check your regional Asus website or local dealer. If you need an audio driver, see the Download tab at the link above. Even if the board you have has the onboard sound hardware, a driver must be installed in whichever operating system you are using for it to work. The chipset driver may also need to be installed first so that all the board hardware is properly recognized by the operating system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sound drivers and players for susi linux 10 on mercury mother board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC with mercury mother board, model PI845GVM and installed susi linux 10 It is not recognised the sound card Any software for sound drivers and players for susi linux? Please send any website for these softwares? Thank you in advance

What does this mean(The 1M sub-curcuit board is not installed) tell me what to do [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me what does this mean and what to do(The 1M sub-curcuit board is not installed)

Asus L3500H - No Sound - Advanced [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been trying to crack this for 3 days solid and no joy so far - hopefully somebody may have a solution. For the record I have Asus L3500H Laptop Windows 2K SIS 7012 Audio Windows Media and Quicktime.

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

View more questions Search