Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah55555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
    How much should an 8yr old cat sleep?
    I have noticed my cat sleeps an awful lot, most of the time she is sleeping. Is this normal? How much activity does a cat really need?
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 03:54 PM

Cats do sleep a lot. In fact, they can often sleep anywhere from 13 to 16 hours per day. This means that cats often spend approximately 2/3 of their entire lives sleeping.

If you have noticed a change in your cat's behavior, in this case meaning that your cat is sleeping much more than usual, you should contact your vet to rule out any medical issues that might be going on.
    Elibras Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 04:48 AM

my cat is 3years old and it always sleep, so you should thankful because your cat is not like mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me...

No sleep [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, M here again to discuss and get some way out from my problem... the problem now m having is about my mom.she is 43 years old and she is having no sleep during night.she feels sleep at 3 am in the morning.now a days she is going through many problems,home problems from financial to children...

Can't sleep! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been sober for 3 months and since then he has trouble sleeping. It's really hard on both of us! He has gone to his doctors and the first time he just gave him advice. The second time he gave him anti-depressants and said it should help him. Has anyone ever experienced this before?...

Too much sleep? Bad? [ 6 Answers ]

So I was reading some crazy article online saying, people who sleep large amounts of hour I nthe day shorten their life. This can not be true.. I mean, my friend sleeps the majority of the day (he says he is tired but I know he is just lazy haha) He seems fine to me. Someone help me...

Where does your dog sleep? [ 7 Answers ]

(Sorry if Im getting annoying with all my questions) However... Just wondering where the dog owners on this site let their dogs sleep during the night time? I can't make up my mind where my 4 month old jack russell cross chihuaha puppy should sleep! Lol Its either by herself in the living...

View more questions Search