Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davis2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Entering a transaction on a general journal sheet
    I'm having a problem posting two particular transactions on a general journal sheet.

The transaction is Collected registration fees $16,200.00. Now can this transaction be posted like this Cash $16,200.00 on the debit side and Registration fees $16200.00 on the credit? Or can this transaction be posted in a different way?

The second transaction is Received bill from Bob's restaurant for meals served to campers on account $6,500. Can this transaction be posted as Food expense $6,500 on the debit side and Accounts payable $6500.00 on the credit?

Please help
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 12:54 PM
    These 2 transactions are correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

General Journal versus Cash Payment Journal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ethical issue case I'm working on, but am stuck. I would like to know how would I determine which journal to use say for example, you go on a business trip to Australia and take your spouse along at company expense. Well that is unethical for sure, but you are best friends with the vice...

Journal entry to record in transaction [ 3 Answers ]

July 9th Office Supply Corp delivers furniture ($1,060) and expendable office supplies ($160) to Random Leaving an invoice for $1220. The journal entry to record the July 9th transaction will include a credit of $1,220 to what account?? I’m pretty sure that it’s Accounts...

General Journal transaction [ 1 Answers ]

How do you post the followng transaction in the general journal? Deposited registration fees

I need help with a transaction involving more than one journal entries, Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a transaction that I know requires me to do more than one thing when recording it into my journal entries. I am doing a Project for my financial Accounting course and I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks! Here's the transaction... Purchased office equipment for $15,600. Paid...

View more questions Search