Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guyshahar Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Home Page Diverted in Firefox
    Whenever I start up Firefox, my home page (a local file) comes up for a second and then is diverted to something like:

http://www.googleadservices.com/page...133/?random=11...

This is a blank screen. This is a new problem, and does not occur with Internet Explorer.

If I click "home" again, my homepage comes back. So it is not killing me, but it is an inconvenience. Any ideas as to how this happened and what I can do to stop it?

Thanks

Guy
    dismissedasdrone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Are there Google Advertisements on your local file homepage?

If so, it may be possible that they're not setup or being called correctly and instead of being loaded into the page as they are supposed to they are loading as a new page.

If they're not important to your local homepage, you can try removing them from source code (depending on your level of understanding of html)
    guyshahar Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2006, 01:17 AM
    No, there are no Google ads on my homepage.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2006, 04:14 AM
    Any chance you could post the HTML contents of that home page up here? I'm guessing there might be some Javascript kicking off on the page to redirect you.

Actually, the might be a good test. Try disabling Javascript (Tools >> Options >> Content >> Uncheck "Enable Javascript") and see if you still get the problem. If you don't, then there's some Javascript doing the redirect. If you do - there might be something on your PC (spyware) that could be causing this issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firefox: Saving a web page to my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes when I save as a webpage to my computer, then the page saves as one .html file. Other times it saves as the .html file but also with a folder with other files. Why is this? Can I force it to save as just one file without the extra folder? Thanks!

Page distorted when viewing in Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

The page: www.stgabrielradio.com In IE it's fine, but in FF the graphic at the bottom of the page has a tweak on it - at the left. How do I fix it? ... and how do I avoid things like this in the future? Thanks!

Reload page in Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

OK, a bit trivial... but I'm curious. I understand that hitting the Reload button compares the page with the server and if the same, shows you the cached version... Sometimes I see my flag not waving. I hit reload and it still doesn't wave... but if I hit Shift>Reload then it reloads and is...

Blocking a web page - Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

I want to simply block a webpage. I'm using Firefox. This may be simple, but I could use a little help. Thanks.

Home Page different on IE & Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

I have noticed my Yahoo home page is different in Firefox & IE. What would the reason be for this? How do you change these pages to look the same?

View more questions Search