Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyof2inky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 07:42 AM
    Does anyone know what insect this is?
    We have found an insect that I have never seen before, it is bright red, looks like an ant but isn't or at least I don't think it is. I have a picture but can't figure out how to post it here. It has six legs, looks like it have five sections of the body and antennaes that could pass as legs. The legs are black. We live in Northeastern Kentucky. Hope someone can help. I have googled it but was unable to find it, I do know that it isn't fuzzy and it isn't a wasp because I have compared the pictures. Thanks in advance.
    mommyof2inky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2inky View Post
    We have found an insect that I have never seen before, it is bright red, looks like an ant but isn't or at least I don't think it is. I have a picture but can't figure out how to post it here. It has six legs, looks like it have five sections of the body and antennaes that could pass as legs. The legs are black. We live in Northeastern Kentucky. Hope someone can help. I have googled it but was unable to find it, I do know that it isn't fuzzy and it isn't a wasp because I have compared the pictures. Thanks in advance.
    By the way they were on a leaf. Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Does it have wings?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biting flying insect that seems to be more of a sting Invisible flying insect [ 11 Answers ]

This invisible flying insect has bitten me for several years. It is active more in the dark hours or not a too well lighted area. It is very active around my bed and under the covers. This insect bites me in other location other than in my house. It bites me mostly out of my eye sight alignment...

What is this insect? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I keep finding these bugs or insects on my outdoor male cat and I can't figure out what they are. They're round or slightly oval, about the size of a pea. They are like a very dark green color, and they kind of look like a bead. One side had I think 4 pincer like legs that burrow itself into...

What insect is this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, can someone tell me what is this insect? http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h397/Melo73/photo.jpg I found this cast skin inside an old wooden table and a few poppy seed looking hard things on the floor (maybe eggs?). Please help, I'm worried I have an infestation. Thanks!

Insect [ 5 Answers ]

I see. Well if you're interested, the question was: What is this small (2.5 mm) insect, tan/gray, dust/pollen-like camouflage? And the answer is: The nymph of the masked hunter bug, Species Reduvius personatus - Masked Hunter - BugGuide.Net This is where I found the answer: Entomology...

Insect help! [ 7 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

View more questions Search