Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sooner_gurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:38 AM
    How do I heal?
    When I was 16 years old I had a baby boy named Charlie. He lived for 3 and 1/2 minutes before he died of severe brain trauma due to a car accident 3 days prior. I am now 21 years old and everyday I think of him and my heart breaks. I don't want to get pregnant again because I don't know if I could live if something went wrong and I lost another child. I don't know how to talk about my son and I don't know how to stop the pain in my heart and in my soul. Can anybody give me advice on this? I need all the help I can. Thank You.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Sorry about your loss, I would like to think another baby would keep you distracted.
    And help heal. You probably would be a good Mom.
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Sooner_gurl,

I'm so sorry you had to go through that so young. It's a very delicate subject, don't let anything I say offend you. We have lost a young family member too, and each of us deal with it differently. My daughter collects angels and I collect teddy bears, we have them on a special shelf in memory of her. Grief is one of the processes that lasts the longest. It's a very natural process, and it can't be rushed. But it can be made a little easier if you can think about your baby and smile a little. My belief is that that is how he would like to see you if he could. I know how you feel because I have felt it too. The thing that helped me and my daughter was imagining how our little one would want to see us, and I know she wouldn't want to see us miserable. She would want to see us getting on with our life. I wish you well, I really do. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 12:10 PM
    I would suggest getting professional help. One can start "thinking" and never leave their home for fear of this may happen or that may happen, so when we allow our fears to control our lives, we are no longer in control.

This is an issue that you and your husband need to get counseling for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to heal anal fissure? [ 49 Answers ]

I understand that fissures in this area can take weeks to heal, but every time defecation occurs, the old wound is opened again. The only way to avoid reopening the wound is to not defecate and not eat, but it's impossible to avoid eating for weeks. Does anyone know if there anything that can be...

Warts on heal [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has 2 warts beside each other on his heel. What is the best way to get rid of these. He has recently tried Compound W... anything better out there? No idea where they came from - but present for the past few weeks.

How can I heal... [ 6 Answers ]

How can I heal my broken heart? My heart has been broken for the 5th time now. Every time I go out with someone then get feelings for him, he will dump me. How can I move on and find someone who won't hurt me? Should I still date?

How Long To Heal? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to heal from a broken shoulder? How long does it take to recover from a collarbone fracture? Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed,...

View more questions Search