Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amarie1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Can my husband adopt my son
    How does my husband adopt my son if my sons biological father is not on the birth certificate and is prison for cohersion.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 01:27 AM
    You get a lawyer, file a petition to have the birth father's rights removed (if he will not sign them away voluntarily) and file adoption papers.

Get a family lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my husband to adopt my son. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son and I live in Ohio. I am married to a man since 2004 and he is in the military. My husband has raised my son since he was 4 months old. His "biological father" took me to court in 2005 for visitation rights. He was issued rights through the magistrate but since has never...

Can husband adopt? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for almost three years and he wants to adopt my son(6). The bio father is in prison and has not seen my son since he was two months old and that was only once through jail glass. Can I prove him unfit based on being in and out of prison? How hard do you think it...

My husband wants to adopt my 3 yr old [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for 1 yr and he wants to adopt my son. When I was 15 I got pregnant by a 24 yr old. He had previously got in trouble for having communication with a minor for immoral purposes. When he convinced me to run away and come live with him. When my parents found out...

My husband wants to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for almost 2 years now and he wants to adopt my son from a previos relationship,how do we go about that?:)

Husband to adopt [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I aren't married yet, in August we are getting married, I have a son, he has a son and we are having a baby in June. We are concerned that my son will be confused that everyone has the same last name but him. Granted, his father has only seen him maybe 5 times in two years, I have...

View more questions Search