Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uk100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Requesting a 1099 for LLC with a W-9
    I am an independent contractor, operating as an LLC (disregarded entity), and have requested a client to provide me with a 1099-Misc. they replied that Corporations do not get a 1099. I've explained that as an LLC, I've received nonemployee remuneration in the form of fees, and I am liable for SE tax, but they do not seem to understand.

Where can I copy a passgae to quote them, which states that LLC's can receive a 1099 for professional services rendered as an individual trading under the business LLC name.

Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 01:57 AM

Hi, uk100!

Since your question really has more to do with taxes than small business, I've moved it over to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to be noticed and addressed by those who are best able to do that to your satisfaction.

Thanks!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 02:50 PM
    If you know what you got paid by this client (and if you do NOT know, shame on YOU for keeping shoddy records), you can report that income on your Schedule C without benefit of the Form 1099.

BOTTOM LINE: You do not NEED the Form 1099 to report your income. Just report it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requesting a new judge [ 12 Answers ]

How can a plaintiff request a new judge when she feels as though the judge is repeatedly swaying the other way. She is a single mother, has two jobs, and is in college. She came to me for advice. Tuesday was her court day. The father failed FOUR drug analysis tests and had owed her over $2500...

How to requesting experience letter [ 1 Answers ]

I resigned my company one year ago and not able to request my experience letter so far. Two days ago, I called HR manager and asked issue me a experience letter, then he said that you send me a written request. I do not have idea how to officially request a experience letter from him. Could you...

Requesting repairs [ 3 Answers ]

I have been renting a townhouse for 3 years. My Air conditioner broke in mid April I attempted to contact my out of state landlord, asking it please be repaired or That I was willing to have it fixed and deduct the amount from the upcoming MAy rent. This was sent in a form of email, She contacted...

Requesting assistance [ 2 Answers ]

My citibank account got turned over to a attorney collection agency, so I agreed to pay $300 then 5/07 the account was sold to another attorney collection agency, and I lost my good paying job. So I was sending $150 and now due to unforseen circumstances I am paying $80-95 per month. I received a...

Helpdesk requesting [ 6 Answers ]

A user emails the helpdesk requesting access to shared drive \\mnthyreportsclinic. This shared drive does not exist, however a shared drive \\monthlyreports does exist. Email the user requesting clarification.

View more questions Search