Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mini_123_mayank Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Fungal infection
    How can I treat fungal infection on my scalp?
    canuckdude Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2008, 09:18 AM

I had ringworm(a fungal infection) on my scalp. I put aloe vera gel (right out of the plant) on the affected areas 3x day for about a week. It went, and never came back. My friend used it to treat Athelete's foot too. Worked better than all the creams etc, that were tried before.
    mechanix Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 03:35 PM

I can suggest that botanically fresh squished garlic juice has anti fungal /bacterialogical
    Propertys its inexpensive a little smelly but
    This can be illimenated by further washing
    Ps also try hydrogen peroxide repeatedly or once a day?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 05:17 PM

Try 91% isopropyl alcohol 2X a day. Should go away within 3 days and not come back. Also good for athlete's foot as well. Actually any kind of fungus dies with the alcohol. Must be 91% though to work properly.
    Liasdaughter Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Fungi, unfortunately, are nearly part of our lives. They live on the outside and the inside of the human body. Not all of them are harmful, though. Those, which are, can cause infections.

Mold-like fungi causes

- Athlete's foot - contagious, preventions include: dry socks, dry shoes
    (using shoes on alternate days, so they have time to dry out)
    Throughout drying after bathing/showering (especially between toes) using antifungal/drying powders, wearing (when possible) open sandals, and being mindful in common showers (wearing thongs is a good idea)

- Jock itch - (groin) can be caused by friction of clothes, prolonged wetness/moisture, and can be passed on by unwashed clothing, skin-to-skin contact.

- Ringworm - contagious fungal (not worm) infection affecting skin, scalp, nails

- Tinea capitis - ringworm of the scalp

Yeast-like (candida)

- Cutaneous candidiasis, can affect any skin area which are warm, moist, like: armpit, groin, vagina. Common amongst diabetics, obese persons, and also those, who are taking antibiotics, birthcontrol pills. It is not considered contagious.

- Diaper rash - caused by prolonged dampness, urine-feces interaction with the skin.

- Oral thrush- (Candidiasis) and also some genital rashes.

Fungi, which spores are airborne, are considered more dangerous.

They usually live in the soil; disturbances (digging, gardening) release the spores into the air, from where they could be inhaled. Could cause internal infections, which can affect the lungs, digestive system, kidneys, brain etc.

Those, with suppressed immune systems are more susceptible to both duration and severity of these possible infections. Also those, who are taking antibiotics (as antibiotics unselectively kill off friendly bacteria, thus changing the normal flora), corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, contraceptives, and/or are diabetics, bone marrow/organ transplant recipients, HIV patients, etc.

So what can we do?

Apart from good and mindful personal hygiene, (which includes not sharing clothes, shoes, minding common sense approaches in public showers/pools, etc), and throughoutly drying moist/wet areas, mindful gardening practices, the Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine suggests, among others, garlic, turmeric, oregano, cinnamon, sage, calendula, black walnut husks/bark.

However, there are other infections with similar sympthoms, which only your doctor (and might even some tests needed) could diagnose.

Please, also be mindful that some herbal medicine can interact with your present medicine, and/or are not suitable to everyone.

Wish you, too, all the best: Liasdaughter
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 01:16 PM

When my clients have their toes done by the VON, the VON always suggest using Tea Tree Oil for fungal infections. Tea Tree Oil is a natural antibacterial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye infection. [ 2 Answers ]

Do pregnant women get eye infections? And is it safe for the baby if u have an eye infection? 13 weeks pregnant... :confused:

Swollen finger. Is this some fungal or bacterial infection. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been to a adventure trip and spent many hours in water. Ifelt that the skiin attached to nail of my middle finger of right hanf has become loose. I felt burning sensation while eating. A week later it was paining... and since last three days it startted swelling with lot of pain. ...

Cat eye infection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wild cat that had a litter of 4 and now 3 weeks later 3 of them have eye infections in one eye what can I do

Nail Fungal Infection [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get rid of nail fungal infection. Is Lamisil Oitment just fine to use?

Eye infection [ 10 Answers ]

Hi my small dog looks like it has red eye, she seems to scratch at it or rubs her eye in the grass. ANy idea what kind of infection this is?

View more questions Search